Sunday, August 9, 2009

Speed Trap Interview


Today we're welcoming Sheriff Mandy Scott, the heroine of SPEED TRAP BY PATRICIA DAVIDS an August 2009 release. Wow, you've just had quite an adventure.


1. Tell us a little about yourself and how you came to be in the midst of such suspense.

I’m the sheriff of a small Kansas town. Our county has more cows than people so you wouldn’t expect it to be a hotbed of crime, but that’s exactly what happened when a major meth lab began operating in our area.

2. So, during the book you met Garrett Bowen. Tell us a bit about him. What was your first impression? When did you know it was love?

Garrett is a wonderful man, but it wasn’t love at first sight. Just the opposite. He was my prime suspect in the murder of his ex-wife. The first thing I noticed about him was how still he was. It was as if he was holding himself apart from the world. The next thing I noticed was his dog, Wiley. Nobody can miss Wiley. He loves attention and he loves food. He’s a wonderful mutt with a broken tail and the real hero of this story.

Against my better judgment, I found myself drawn to Garrett the first time I saw him with his son, Colin. He was so determined to be a good father. I think that’s what made me fall for him.

3. What strengths/skills do you have? What is your greatest weakness?

My strength is my faith and my skill comes from my training. My father was a cop so I knew going in what a cop’s life was like. My greatest weakness is that I can’t always trust people the way you should be able to do in a small town.

4. What scares you?

A child in jeopardy. Not being able to save a child. I failed once to save a little girl and I’ve had a hard time forgiving myself for that failure.
5. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?

Not much. I’m pretty happy in my own skin, and I’m so blessed with the way my life has turn out. Especially now that I have Garrett, Colin and Wiley in it.
6. Where are you in your faith at the start of your story?

My faith had always meant a lot to me. At the start of this story it was important and I thought I was in a good place, but we can all grow in our faith.

6. Where are you in your faith at the end of the story?

I learned to lean on God’s strength and mercy to see me through some terrible moments in my life.

7. You've got a scripture at the beginning of the story. Tell us why this scripture is significant.
The scripture at the start of the book refers to Garrett. He had a terrible childhood. He thought God had turned His back on him. With Colin’s help I was able to make Garrett see that he could leave his past behind and become a new man, a real father and a member of God’s family.

8. If you could be a dessert what would you be and why?

Hot apple pie with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, because I’m an all American girl even if I wear a badge and a gun.

What a great sounding read! Thank you Pat for sharing Mandy with us.

1 comment:

Linda said...

I would agree that a child in jeopardy would be the hardest, then a woman in harm's way. Men you expect to be able to pull themselves out of trouble, unless, of course, there's a gun in the mix. Sounds like a good read, especially to see how you handle the meth lab, as I have had family in prison over a meth lab.