I don’t watch much t.v. anymore. For some reason, the grit and guts of it just doesn’t ring my bell, but I sure do miss those wonderful T.V. detectives of yesteryear, both amateur and professional. You know who I’m talking about. The amazing and sometimes quirky characters who could unravel any mystery, no matter how convoluted and keep you watching until the end. They didn’t even require machine guns or crime labs to work their magic. So how about it? Let’s do a little quiz to see if you can guess the T.V. sleuths below. To add to the fun, why don’t you send in three clues about YOUR favorite T.V. detective and we’ll all try to guess. You game? Let’s go.
Detective Number One:
1. This detective first appeared on T.V. in 1960.
2. His first case pitted him against a psychiatrist with an iron clad alibi.
3. He is known to be a shabby dresser. The actor who played the role for T.V. used his own clothes.
Detective Number Two:
1. This lady lost her dear husband Frank. She had no children.
2. Her show lasted a whopping 264 episodes and won four Golden Globes.
3. Her nephew Grady always seemed to find himself in hot water.
Detective Number Three:
1. He first appeared in 1969.
2. He solved crimes along with four teenage companions.
3. He was named after the last line of a Frank Sinatra Song.
4. He worked for biscuits. Jinkies!