Book Club is meeting at my house tonight. We're discussing THE KITCHEN HOUSE, by Katheleen Grisson, which was an excellent read.
When a group of friends from church -- we had all made a retreat together -- decided to form a book club, I wasn't sure if it would work for me. Like many of you, my "To Be Read" stack of books reached to the ceiling. With so many stories, many written by my good friends, I didn't want to "have" to read a book that wasn't on my TBR list. But after the very first meeting, I changed my mind, and now I always look forward to our monthly get-togethers.
Here are a few reasons why I think book clubs are great for writers:
1. Exposure to books we might not have read on our own.
2. The discussion helps us "see" stories through the readers' eyes.
3. We quickly learn what hooks the reader and draws her into the book.
4. A night spent talking about books is always a treat!
5. The food is delicious.
6. Getting together monthly with dear friends is so, so special.
What do you like about book clubs?
Wishing you abundant blessings,
Check out the FEB issue of Chrisma article, which features Love Inspired books. (The cover of my next release, THE OFFICER'S SECRET, is on page 27!) Don't miss the heartwarming stories and inspiring articles in the magazine. To see the digital issue, go to http://strang.imirus.com/Mpowered/book/vstrfil11/i1/p1