Monday, February 21, 2011

Chocolate Delight Night

Hi all, Lynette Eason here. I’m stuffy and sick, but at least I woke up with the stupid cold this morning and not yesterday. Yesterday was wonderful. I vaguely remember what it feels like not to have a sore throat and to be able to breathe out of my nose.

So anyway, let’s talk about yesterday. A couple of months ago, a friend of mine asked me to speak at her church’s women’s get together. I thought it might be fun so I said sure. I asked her the theme. She said, “It’s out 6th annual Chocolate Delight Night.” I said, “Say no more. I’m so there.”

And I was. And God was so good. The cold didn’t show up until this morning. I could have had it yesterday. So I’m not going to complain. Much. I could, I really could. But I’ll spare you.

After all, I got to eat chocolate.

It was a great night. Each table had a person who provided the decoration for that table. In my personal opinion, the chocolate fountain won hands down.




And then there were ladies with the tiaras. Really cute.




Saw lots of pageant like waves.




And then I spoke about choices and how our choices make ripples in our lives. One choice leads to another choice, etc. And each ripple equals the consequence of that choice. Well, it made more sense last night, but anyway, people seemed to like what I had to say and I sold a few books.

I have to say that I’m not a professional speaker. I’m a much better TEACHER than speaker, but I still get asked to speak and while I do enjoy it, I don’t think I’m very good at it. But if God can use it, I’m all for it and willing to do it. ☺

How about you other writers out there. Are you speakers as well as writers?

4 comments:

Pamela Tracy said...

You made me want chocolate. LOL

Lynette Eason said...

I know, it was awesome! I always want chocolate and that night was temptation at its finest.

Dana Mentink said...

Chocolate delight night? Well YUM! Yes, I am a speaker as well as a writer, but I'm most at home talking to children. They are the best audience! :)

Debby Giusti said...

Lynette,
I finished TOO CLOSE TO HOME last night and loved it. Great suspense, endearing characters and an action-packed plot. Congrats on a great story!