Sunday, May 27, 2007

Holiday Weekend!

I hope you are all enjoying your holiday weekend either spending it with your families or friends. So far the weekend has been wonderful. I was surprised with a wondeful birthday gift from my husband yesterday, a new patio set for the deck. I was so excited about the gift that we had to set it up immediately and have a barbeque so we could use it. It was wonderful having friends over to wish me a happy birthday and then to sit on the deck in the candlelight. Since I live in the country, wildlife is all around us and I love to hear movement in the woods at night.

A friend of mine reminded me that I tend to get excited about gifts that my whole family can enjoy, not just me. I love being with family and friends and anything that enhances that is always a pleasure. This gift also means that instead of spending the summer months chained to my computer inside the house writing my next book, I can sit on the deck in the morning with my laptop and write the sequel to Cradle of Secrets.

Today we're heading off to a barbeque with friends. I wish you all a wonderful weekend filled with laughs, good food and good company.

Many blessings,
Lisa

No comments: