Sunday, February 15, 2009

FRAMED! Interview

Today we're welcoming Ava Renault, the heroine of FRAMED! by Robin Caroll, February 2009. Wow, you've just had quite an adventure.


1. Tell us a little about yourself and how you came to be in the midst of such suspense.
It wasn’t something I sought out, that’s for sure. I’m not quite certain what’s hit our town in southern Louisiana, but there’s been murders, people missing, attempted kidnappings . . . it’s been a scary place to live. But what pulled me into the midst was the murder of my brother, Dylan Renault.

2. So, during the book you met Max Pershing.
Actually, we were high school sweethearts, but during the book, we reconnected.
Tell us a bit about him. Max is a wonderful man. He’s kind and sensitive . . . honest and full of integrity. For him to be a suspect in my brother’s murder . . . well, that’s ridiculous.

3. What strengths/skills do you have? What is your greatest weakness? My strengths is that I have a strong sense of loyalty to my family. My greatest weakness has been that I’m not as confident as I should be. I’m working to change that.

4. What scares you? Since
I lost my father not too long ago and just lost my brother, I’d have to say losing someone I love.

5. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
That I didn’t stand up to my mother a long time ago.

6. Where are you in your faith at the start of your story?
Even though I’m asking God why He took both my father and brother—the two people I had for strength—I know He’s always in control.

7. Where are you in your faith at the end of the story?
Grateful that He touched Max’s heart and that He brought justice to the past.

8. You've got a scripture at the beginning of the story. Tell us why this scripture is significant.
Proverbs 3:5. I chose this particular Scripture because often, Christians get caught up in life and when faced with a trial, we try to fix or solve it ourselves. Most of the time, this leads to great frustrations. We try to understand situations and bring about our own ideas for resolution. But during a trial, we can’t see the big picture. It’s beyond our own understanding. So this Scripture is a reminder to not lean on our own understanding, but to trust God with our whole hearts.

9. If you could be a dessert what would you be and why? A chocolate soufflĂ© because it’s decadent, looks airy and light, but is rich and has such substance.

Thank you Robin for sharing Ava with us today. This second installment of the WITHOUT A TRACE continuity sounds exciting.

1 comment:

Debby Giusti said...

Hi Robin,
Love reading your stories! They're always so good! Love that Cajun flavor, something I'll miss in the continuity! Wishing you continued success! You are so doggone prolific!!! :)