Friday, May 22, 2009

Romance this Memorial Day weekend...

Since my birthday falls on Memorial Day weekend every year, I like to take the time to do things I don't normally do, like reading and seeing a great movie. We're off to see the new Terminator movie tonight. (We saw Star Trek already and it was awesome.) But even though my shelves are filled with books I haven't yet read, I figured I'd put the call out to you readers to ask about the great books you've read recently.

I know part of my weekend will be spent doing line edits for my upcoming book Yuletide Protector, which will be published 12/09. But some of it will be spent reading by the lake while the family takes the raft out for their first spin of the season. So help me out. What books are you reading?

Until next time, many blessings...Lisa Mondello

7 comments:

Edna said...

Have a safe weekend and keep God into everything you do. For us we will be at home as always, daugter and family coming tomorrow for the day.

mamat2730(at)charter(dot)net

Ramona Richards said...

Hope you have a great birthday! I'm reading my own line edits for FIELD OF DANGER (also 12/09), and yesterday I finished Robert Crais's Chasing Darkness, which was awesome.

Linda said...

I'm just getting into 'Adam' by Ted Dekker. Heard great things about it. Love all but one of his so far--only because I didn't 'get it.' It was well written, though.

desertrose5173 at gmail dot com

Scraproni: Adventures of Single Woman said...

I love reading love inspired books, Camy tangs sushi series, love inspired suspense, smart chic novels with great one liners, kirsten billerbecks trophy wives books

Merry said...

Before the Season Ends by Linore Rose Burkard, Dark Pursuit by Brandilyn Collins and Evidence of Murder by Jill Nelson are my list to read next.

Lisa Mondello said...

WOW. You all have such great suggestions. I'll be heading to the bookstore before we go out on our BBQ. Years ago when my husband I would go camping, we'd go out on the raft. My husband would fish and I would read while the raft just rocked back and forth. I loved it. I'm looking forward to enjoying more of that this weekend if the rain holds off!! Many blessings to you all.

Becca Dowling said...

What a gift to get a long weekend for your birthday! May you have sunshine and peace.

I have such an eclectic assortment I'm reading right now: Nothing But Trouble by Susan May Warren, Eclipse by Stephenie Meyer, just finished The Host also by Stephenie, Love Finds You in Last Chance California by Miralee Ferrell, and Murder of a Smart Cookie by Denise Swanson.

Blessings,
Becca
becca.dowling [at] yahoo.com