Sunday, July 19, 2009

Someone To Trust

Today we're welcoming Catelyn Caldwell, the heroine of SOMEONE TO TRUST by Ginny Aiken, being released July 2009. Wow, you've just had quite an adventure.


1. Tell us a little about yourself and how you came to be in the midst of such suspense.

My father is the Fire Department chief, and when he was nearly killed in the line of duty, I couldn’t just stand by and do nothing. I had to find the guilty party, especially since the authorities were moving too slowly for me.

2. So, during the book you met Rand Mason. Tell us a bit about him. What was your first impression? When did you know it was love?

Actually, I’ve known Rand most of my life. He was my father’s protégé during his high school years, and was the most irritatingly perfect person I knew! When I saw him again, at the scene of the blaze that injured my father, I realized he’d only become more attractive over the years. And even more irritating, since he seemed to remember me only as the teen with purple or green or pink hair I once was—he gave no credence to my having grown up. But then, when he was willing to spend a free evening helping me with my three monsters—my niece and twin nephews—I began to suspect there was more to him…and to my feelings for him.

3. What strengths/skills do you have? What is your greatest weakness?

I’m very determined, which is my greatest strength. I never give up. But some might call that stubbornness, and it becomes a weakness in that regard. You know. When I know that I know I have to do something, and someone else insists I’m only being stubborn.

4. What scares you?

The continuing spread of drug abuse among kids. I can’t stand the thought of my three falling into that snare, and I’ll do whatever it takes, with the Father’s help, to keep them from that kind of harm.
5. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
You know, I went through a rotten period as a teen, and I hurt my family in the most devastating way, but I also learned from my experience in a way I know the Lord is using for good these days. I especially wish I could change the outcome of my teen stupidity, since that means my sister and her husband would still be alive, but I wouldn’t change the lessons I learned as a result of facing the consequences of my actions.
6. Where are you in your faith at the start of your story?

As a result of the consequences I faced years ago, I rebuilt my relationship with the Lord, and have been walking with Him ever since. I want to serve Him by helping teens avoid the losses I experienced.

7. Where are you in your faith at the end of the story?

I’m walking closer with the Lord every day, and building my relationship with Rand on the Rock of Ages and His truths.

8. You've got a scripture at the beginning of the story. Tell us why this scripture is significant.
This life is all about trust. The fathers of the faith knew that to overcome troubles in life one has to place one’s complete trust in the Almighty. He always comes through, He always delivers, even if it’s not in the way we want or would ever imagine. His way is always best.

9. If you could be a dessert what would you be and why?

A dessert? Hm…I suppose it would have to be a blueberry pie. It’s sweet enough to please the sweetest tooth, but it’s tart and sassy enough to stand on its own!

No comments: