Sunday, June 13, 2010

END GAME


Today we're welcoming Megan Peters, the heroine of END GAME by Roxanne Rustand, which is out right now (June, 2010.)


Wow, you've just had quite an adventure.


1. Tell us how you came to be in the midst of such suspense.

There's no place I'd rather be. I'm a Marshall County deputy sheriff, in the Montana Rockies. I settled on my choice of a career when I was fifteen, after the murder of my cousin. I refuse to ever be a victim and I want to make sure I keep the women of the county safe as well.


2. So, during the book you met Scott Anders. What was your first impression of him? Tell us a bit about him.
My first impression was that he seemed like a definite person of interest in a series of local murders. He turned up in the area during the right time frame, and chose to live in an isolated area. He was wary when questioned. When he finally admitted to his actual profession, I was sure surprised...though in retrospect, maybe I always knew in my heart that he was one of the good guys after all.

3. What strengths/skills do you have? Skills--I guess absolute focus on finding the truth, and stubborn determination are the two that have helped me the most. Friends tease me about being afraid to have dinner at my place, with all the reference books on homicide, poisons and weapons on my shelves. But, I really do like to cook!

4. What scares you?
Failure. If I miss subtle clues in a case, a criminal might more time to strike again. And on the job, nothing matters more to me than keeping Marshall County a safe place to live.
5. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be? There are so many things, it's hard to choose!

6. Where are you in your faith at the end of the story? I admit--I had a lot of growing to do. I was always a believer, but after my cousin's brutal murder, I lost a close relationship with God. I mean, Laura was the sweetest girl ever, and had true faith. Why would God allow a vicious person to terrorize her, then end her life? She had so much to offer this world. But finally, I understand that God never plans or wishes terrible things to happen. There are people in this world who do awful things of their own free will. But, God is here with his wonderful open arms, offering peace and comfort. Offering eternal life. I know Laura is with Him now...far beyond the reaches of the evil in this world. And, I now understand that God does answer prayers. Always--even when the answers come in His time instead of mine. His answers can come in incredible ways--through people here on earth, or through a "coincidence" that really wasn't a coincidence at all. Or through that still, small voice in my heart, which guides me toward the right path.

7. You've got a scripture at the beginning of the story. Tell us why this scripture is significant.
I had two--and both are so important to me that I'm going to share them both!

The first is the one I think of every time I go on one of my twelve-hours shifts, because I do want God to guide me, and help me bring peace and safety to the mountains where I live. It's Psalms 43:3: "Send forth your light and your truth, let them guide me; let me bring peace to your holy mountains, to the place where you dwell."
The second is one that I keep in my heart always, now. What a wonderful sense of peace it gives me!

"Don't worry about anything. Instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank Him for all He has done. If you do this, you will experience God's peace, which is far more wonderful than the human mind can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Jesus Christ." Philippians 4:6-7

9. If you could be a dessert what would you be and why?
I have no clue!

Thank you Roxanne for sharing Megan with us!! Can't wait to read this.

No comments: