Sunday, November 28, 2010

The Christmas Rescue Interview


Today we're welcoming Kayla Wilson, the heroine of The Christmas Rescue LIS, Laura Scott, November 2010.
Wow, you've just had quite an adventure.


1. Tell us a little about yourself and how you came to be in the midst of such suspense. Honestly, it was a shock to me to become involved in the middle of a suspense too! I’m the owner of a nice quiet Bed and Breakfast in the middle of the woods in northern Wisconsin, when suddenly I began experiencing break-ins. Soon, I realized that me and my daughter Brianna were in danger from a man who may have murdered my husband. Thank heavens for Chief Petty Officer Rafe DeSilva. He saved my daughters life.

2. So, during the book you met Rafe DeSilva? Tell us a bit about him. What was your first impression? When did you know it was love? Rafe was my brother Alex’s partner, so I met him before, but he’s generally bossy, likes to take charge and he’s far too attractive for his own good. However, he is also a great guy to have by your side in a crisis. Honestly, I don’t think I would have survived this adventure if not for Rafe. I knew, the moment he risked his life for me and my daughter, that I loved him. I’m very lucky to have found such a great guy.

3. What strengths/skills do you have? What is your greatest weakness? I’m not so sure I have any great skills, except the determination to find my daughter Brianna. When she was kidnapped, I nearly went crazy with fear and grief. And when Rafe found her, I was never so thankful.

4. What scares you? Losing my husband was very scary, because the responsibility of being a single parent can be overwhelming. But having your child kidnapped was by far much worse.
5. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be? I think I would like to have a skill other than being a good cook, lol. But then again, my B & B guests don’t seem to mind.
6. Where are you in your faith at the start of your story? In the beginning, I didn’t have very strong faith at all. I watched my brother Alex change from a single minded DEA agent to a man of the church, but didn’t really understand what the big deal was. Until I met Rafe. He helped show me the way to our Lord.

7. Where are you in your faith at the end of the story? After Brianna was kidnapped, I learned the true power of faith and prayer. I’ll be forever thankful for our Lord keeping her safe.

8. You've got a scripture at the beginning of the story. Tell us why this scripture is significant. During the story, I meet bad, terrible men who would try to hurt my daughter and the scripture from Psalms helps me to remember that God takes care of those who are faithful.

9. If you could be a dessert what would you be and why? I think I’d be a Pumpkin Pie because hiding beneath the serene outer layer is a spicy spirit.

Thanks so much for having me! Kayla DeSilva

We love having such special guests! Thank you Laura for sharing Kayla with us today

No comments: