Monday, September 13, 2010

Favorite Method for Bumping Off Someone

I write romantic suspense and I'm always looking for unusual ways to kill off a character. Have you read or seen on a show or movie any method that has caught your attention as unusual, different?

What are some of your favorite murder scenes in a book or movie? One I remember is a classic: Agatha Christie's Murder on the Orient Express where all the passengers were in on the murder of the man on the train. Another of her books I loved was And Then There Were None where people were being killed one by one on an isolated island. One of the murdered victims wasn't really dead and in the end was the killer.

Do you have some favorites or unusual ways?

2 comments:

Debby Giusti said...

I was talking to my stylist's assistant at the beauty parlor last week about whether the razors they use on hair could kill someone.

Luckily, she knew I was a writer. :)

And, no, it wouldn't work. The blade has a protective metal layer that only allows the tiny hairs to access the cutting area.

But like you, I'm always looking for new and unique ways to get rid of characters. Never the hero or heroine, of course.

Anonymous said...

Debby, thanks. The things we do for research.
Margaret