Friday, July 20, 2007

Coming home from Dallas!

I mean that literally and figuratively here. It was such a blast to go to Dallas and meet all the Ladies of Suspense there as well as other Steeple Hill authors. I found myself glad that my blog wasn't due until Friday because it has taken me all this time to get home (after picking up 4 kids at my mother's house), unpacking, (Not just for me but for the 4 kids) and wade through all the emails in my in box.

The conferences was wonderful. Highlights include meeting the Love Inspired editors, Krista Stroever and Melissa Endlich as well as getting all dolled up for the Harlequin Party. The Love Inspired authors danced the night away. Rooming with Pam was a treat, too! She definitely gets my Most Determined award for sitting on a bus for a day just to get to Dallas and then spending another full day on a bus to get home. I'm so glad she did it though. Otherwise, we wouldn't have been able to have as much fun as we did together.

The literacy signing was fabulous and RWA raised over $50,000 to donate toward literacy. I didn't have a Love Inspired book to sign (I had two of my Avalon books) but you can be sure I'll be signing Cradle of Secrets and if the publisher allows, Her Only Protector, next year.

Now that I've had a chance to sleep and get everything back in order, I'll be working on finishing Her Only Protector. My deadline is still a few months away, but I'm having a great time writing it.

Until next time...many blessings, Lisa

No comments: