Wednesday, July 4, 2007

HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY!!!

Hi Everyone,

I'm so happy to be part of the Craftie Ladies of Suspense! Pamela emailed me a few days ago and asked if I wanted to join the group. Of course, I was thrilled. I love the site and love chatting with other authors and readers. I know we're going to have so much fun in the days and months ahead. Thanks, Pam, for inviting me to be Wednesday's lady!


Well, it's the Fourth of July, and I'm wearing red, white and blue and waving our flag because I'm so proud to be an American! I was raised an Army Brat (that's a nice term for kids with a dad or mom in the military), married my hubby at Fort Knox, KY, and traveled the world as he served for 26 years on active duty and then as a civilian government employee. We have three "Brats" of our own and now our son is in the military. So not only am I an Army Brat, but I'm also an Army Wife and an Army Mom. As you can imagine, today my heart goes out to all the men and women who serve in the Armed Forces and especially to those deployed so far from home. My prayers are for them and for the families who wait for their return. If you have loved ones in harm's way, be sure to post a comment and let me know their names so I can add them to my prayer list.


Now about my writing . . . my debut novel, NOWHERE TO HIDE, was an April release from Steeple Hill Love Inspired Suspense. My second book, SCARED TO DEATH, will be out in August. I've been having a wonderful time meeting lots of readers and speaking at various writer and reader events. Since I'm an extrovert, I've really enjoyed that part of the writing life. My third book, MIA: MISSING IN ATLANTA, will be a March 2008 release from Steeple Hill. Right now, I'm working on two more story ideas to submit to my editor. Character names are always important. If you have a favorite name, let me know!


To celebrate the Fourth, I'll be marching in my town's parade this morning, then spending the rest of the day with my family. Hubby will grill steaks in the evening. We'll also have corn-on-the-cob, salad and baked potatoes with ice cream for dessert. Then we'll pile into our golf cart and head for a clear, grassy spot to watch the fireworks. What are your plans for the day?

If any of you are attending the National Romance Writers Conference in Dallas next week, visit my table at the book signing for literacy on Wednesday evening. I'll be giving away a free gift to every Army wife who says hello. In addition, I'll have drawings for one-year gift subscriptions for Southern Lady Magazine, my favorite ladies' publication. Yearly subscriptions cost $21 so be sure to submit your name for the drawing. By the way, I wrote for Southern Lady for a number of years, and the editor, Ande Fanning is the best!

I hope you have a fantastic Fourth of July! Be sure to visit the Craftie Ladies often so we can get to know one another. I'll be holding down the fort on Wednesdays!


Much love,

Debby

No comments: