Today we're welcoming Tara LeBlanc, the heroine of Bayou Paradox, June 2008. Wow, you've just had quite an adventure.
1. Tell us a little about yourself and how you came to be in the midst of such suspense.
It seems my life took a drastic turn, and I really couldn't tell you how it began. Well, yes, I can. My sisters and Grandmere became Jesus-freaks, leaving me to defend the family's traditions all alone.
2. So, during the book you met Sheriff Theriot. Tell us a bit about him. What was your first impression? When did you know it was love?
I've known Bubba almost my whole life, but never really "noticed" him, if you know what I mean. He's always been my oldest sister's boyfriend's friend, not someone I thought of outside that perimeter. But when his aunt got so ill, and then Grandmere became sick as well, I knew something was wrong. Bubba's stubborn and by-the-book, and a Jesus-freak to boot, but there was something in his eyes. Something that made my heart lock everytime he got near me. It just took me a while to admit it was deeper feelings.
3. What strengths/skills do you have? What is your greatest weakness?
I can cook a really mean jambalaya! LOL I know a lot about nature and plants. I know that God put some foliage on this earth for medicinal purposes. Weaknesses? Hmm. My sisters would say I'm stubborn and independent. I like to think I'm determined and strong.
4. What scares you?
After what I've been through, not much anymore. But during the course of this story, and a little after, I was scared of not being forgiven. I've lived a life that I didn't think God could ever forgive me for. But I was wrong. :D
5. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
I think I'd change my temper. It sure flares up at the most inopportune times! LOL
6. Where are you in your faith at the start of your story?
I had no faith then. I thought my sisters and grandmother were freaks. That they were delusional.
7. Where are you in your faith at the end of the story?
A Christian, but have a LOT to learn. Thankfully, I have an amazing family who share the gospel with me, and a man I love who adores God.
8. You've got a scripture at the beginning of the story. Tell us why this scripture is significant.
It took me some time to realize that I CAN call on God, and He will hear me. I guess considering the path I'd strayed down, I didn't expect Him to listen to Me. Something else I was wrong about! LOL
9. If you could be a dessert what would you be and why?
A Fudge Sundae--because I'm both hot and cold at the same time. LOL
Thank you Robin Carroll for sharing Tara with us. I can't wait for the book to hit the shelves.