Friday, October 31, 2008

Getting "the call"...

It's a sale! Those are words an author loves to hear. Whether it comes in the form of a call from an agent or from an editor, getting the call that a publishing house is offering a contract on a book is always a thrill!

For me, this call came this week. Of course, as a published author I've received this type of call from my agent many times. But quite honestly, getting "the call" never gets old. I get a thrill each time I pick up the phone and realize it's my agent, Michelle Grajkowski. Why? Because Michelle only calls me when she has good news. We chat at conferences, online by email and by instant message. But when it's goods news -- no, great news -- she always calls. (If only she could see me dancing around when she gives me the news. Okay, maybe it's a good thing she can't.)

I'm pleased to say that Steeple Hill has offered me a contract to publish a 3rd Love Inspired Suspense. The working title of the book is Bird of Prey. Chances are, that title will change, especially since it will be published December 2009 and we've decided to make it a Christmas book. I love Christmas books. Ever since I wrote my first published book, All I Want for Christmas is You, I've been wanting to write another Christmas book and now I'll have that opportunity.

I'll have more information about this new book in the coming weeks. Thanks for sharing my excitement with me about this new sale. Until next time, many blessings, Lisa Mondello

4 comments:

Pamela Tracy said...

Yabba Dabba! Lisa, new sales are so exciting. Congrats, congrats, congrats.

EllenToo said...

Congratulations Lisa on another sale.

Debby Giusti said...

Hey Lisa! I'm so excited about your sale!!! Mega Congrats!!! Whoo-hoo!!!

Tracy Madison said...

I'm so happy for you Lisa! I can't wait to read this book. :)