Sunday, January 4, 2009

Flashover Interview

Today we're welcoming Ivy Beria, the heroine of Flashover, by Dana Mentink, a January Love Inspired Suspense.

Wow, you've just had quite an adventure!


1. Tell us a little about yourself and how you came to be in the midst of such suspense.
My name is Ivy Beria. I’m a firefighter. My life fell apart when I was injured in an arson fire. My fault, for disobeying a direct order and staying in, but I couldn’t walk away, not after what happened to my sister.

2. So, during the book you met Tim Carnelli. Tell us a bit about him. What was your first impression? When did you know it was love?
Actually, I’ve known Tim for a long time but we were friends, buddies. At least, that’s what I thought. I’ve dated other guys, firefighters mostly and I shut Tim out, I guess, because he wasn’t part of my firefighting world. It took a near death experience and some divine intervention for me to see things clearly.

3. What strengths/skills do you have? What is your greatest weakness?
I’m doggedly determined, excellent at what I do and totally committed to my job. That total commitment to work, and the pride that goes with it, it also my biggest weakness.


4. What scares you?
Losing control.

5.If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
I would not be so stubborn.

6. Where are you in your faith at the start of your story?
I was angry at God for a long time, for allowing my sister to die.

7. Where are you in your faith at the end of the story?
I realized that I was so wrapped up in my anger, I was ignoring the great joy and love she brought to my life. God gave me a second chance at life and love.

8. You've got a scripture at the beginning of the story. Tell us why this scripture is significant.
Colossians 3:12
Therefore as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindess, humility, gentleness and patience. Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity.
Real heroes are people who are kind, gentle and forgiving. They are often in the background, living quiet lives of service to Him. It’s good to be reminded of that.

9. If you could be a dessert what would you be and why?

I’d be lemon meringue pie because it’s a simple dessert, sweet but with a luscious tang to it.

Dana, thank you for sharing Ivy with us. What a great read for the New Year.

1 comment:

EllenToo said...

This sounds like a very interesting and suspense filled book. Glad Ivy was able to realize what Tim meant to her.