Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Hi, I'm Roxanne Rustand, and I'm delighted to meet you! I hope you will come back to this blog again and again, to meet all of the other authors here and to find out what we're up to. Murder and mayhem, no doubt, but you might also find chances to win prizes, read about personal revelations, and even find a recipe or two.

My Masters degree was in nutrition--a perfect background for becoming a romantic suspense writer, don't you think?! I'm a clinical dietitian and work part-time in a psychiatric facility. By night, I'm a writer--and just wish there were 48 hours in every day.

My husband and I live out in the country with our two goofy border collies, three horses, and lots of snuggly barn cats. Two of our children are in college, and one is applying to grad school. I miss the days when all three were running around the house in their footed pajamas, leaving toys strewn everywhere!

My mom thought I was going to be a writer from the time I was in grade school. I wish I'd listened to her sooner, because I'd have a whole lot more books published by now if I'd started that young! I actually stumbled into writing by accident, thanks to a friend who gave me a novel back in the early 1990s. I only read non-fiction at the time, but she dared me to start reading it, and then put it down. I did--but not until I reached The End at four o'clock in the morning. With that, I became an avid fiction reader. And then that same friend asked if I would start writing articles for her magazine, and she even gave me a computer!

Writing those articles was so much fun that I started writing stories, and then started to dream about being published. And when guns and bodies and nefarious villains started creeping into those stories, I realized that I'd found what I loved to write the most: Romantic suspense!

The most fun I ever had with the researching my books was when I got to spend a lot of time with a rodeo contractor for my book, Rodeo! But honestly, the entire process of writing offers so many opportunities to meet fascinating people, who live fascinating lives. People are so willing to talk about their careers and their experiences, and that information is invaluable when writing a story that will ring true to the reader.

I'm excited about this blog, because we've now added some new faces, and it will be such fun to hear what everyone has to say. I hope you'll come back and join us often!

Take care, and God Bless!
Roxanne Rustand

No comments: