Hi everyone, I’m Lynette Eason and I’m so honored to be a part of this fantastic group of suspense writers. I’m a homeschooling mom by day and a writer by night—mostly. When I can stay awake. Anyway, I’m married to Jack Eason and we have two great kids. And I have the best job in the world. I get to write suspense!
All About Me:
1. How I got my first name? From my parents. My dad liked the name and my mom went along with it because it started with “L”. Yep, Mom’s name is Lou Jean, Dad’s name is Lewis and my brother’s name is Lane. Oh, and we had a dog named Lucky.
2. How I got my writing name? I just use my own.
3. How I pick my characters' names, good guy and bad. Oh, I hate answering this question because I’m so uninspired when I pick names. I just go through the alphabet picking names I like and making sure I don’t have another character in the book that starts with the same letter. Aren’t you glad you asked??
Three Really Interesting Tidbits About Me: (I’m thinking, I’m thinking! Why is this so hard?)
1. I’m fluent in American Sign Language – I taught at our local deaf school for several years.
2. I’m profoundly deaf without my hearing aids, only you’d never know it to meet me in person! (And no, the character in A SILENT TERROR (due out in March 2009), while she is deaf, is NOT based on me.)
3. Um…gotta have 3 things?? Okay, last one…um…if I could go back to school and do it all over again, I’d major in Forensic Science and work for the FBI.
All About my Books:
1. How I stumbled into writing suspense...I’ve always loved to write and since I love to read it, it was the natural choice! I think action adventure movies are the greatest, all the blowing stuff up and solving crimes…and the suspense part, just love it.
2. My favorite suspense book I wrote and why...Probably River of Secrets because it dealt with inner beauty vs. outer and how God looks at the heart, and not the outer physical body.
3. My favorite suspense book I read and why...Danger in the Shadows by Dee Henderson. Because it stuck with me long after I finished the story. I felt like I’d become friends with the characters and wanted to be lifelong buddies.
All About Others:
1. My favorite author is…probably Dee Henderson because she mentored me from the very beginning, but of course, I love Brandilyn Collins and Terri Blackstock. Sorry, that’s more than one, isn’t it?
2. My best writing friend is...it’s a toss up between my editors, American Christian Fiction Writers, and the crimescenewriter yahoo group!
3. My most loyal fan is...this is another toss up between my mom and a former Sunday School teacher, Barbara Lollis.
The funniest thing that's ever happened to me because I'm a writer...I go to Panera Bread a lot. It’s just around the corner from my house and when I don’t have kids, I escape to grab a Strawberry Smoothie or a cinnamon crunch bagel. I’m such a regular there that the staff often stops to talk for a bit. When one of the managers found out I wrote novels, he decided I needed my own personalized Panera coffee cup! So, he gave me one with my name on it. It was really sweet.
The craziest thing I've done gathering research for a novel is....sigh…I’m so boring in this department. I research like crazy, but haven’t done anything very glamorous or crazy to get the info. Sorry.
A real life murder (crime) that fascinates me is/was....fascinates and sickens at the same time—the Caylee Anthony story: 1) because it’s beyond me that a mother could do something like that to her child and 2) the forensics involved in deciding a decaying body had been in the trunk thus playing a role in leading them to arrest the mother.
Finally, I'm excited about this blog because...I just love connecting with other authors and readers!