Friday, July 23, 2010

Award nominated ladies!

Wow! Am I impressed! I’m sure you’ve heard by now that five of our very own Steeple Hill authors finaled in the Carol Awards (formerly the Book of the Year). One of these special ladies (Virginia Smith) actually finaled twice! Zowie! So this blog is an invitation, ladies, if you’re in the cyber neighborhood.

In ONE sentence writers, tell us why your book is special. Sure, we know they’re all well written, tautly paced, deeply nuanced and all that, but what it one cool thing that makes your story stand out? That will tide us over until we have time to read all six super books!

If any of our blogger readers have enjoyed any of these books, it would be GREAT if you could share a sentence about what made any of these books special!

Short Contemporary Suspense finalists:
Sandra Robbins
Jill Elizabeth Nelson
Virginia Smith (a DOUBLE finalist)
Jenness Walker
Lenora Worth

4 comments:

Scraproni: Adventures of Single Woman said...

I have read all but one of these books.
Murder at Eagle Summit - Love gets a second chance at a ski resortand killer soundtrack.
Evidence of Murder - One roll of film enable to people to find closure and love.
Scent of Murder - Candles enable two people to find confidence in themselves and each other through love.
Double Take - two people made choices that took them on an adventure so well scripted that it even ends with a blockbuster hollywood ending.
Code of Honor - irish charm and american independence combine for a bond style adventure.
The Kidnapping of Kenzie Thorn - an innocent and an undercover agent combine for a tale with many story twists that love can't help but fuse them together.
Enjoyed all these books that I was hooked from the first sentence. Congrats

Pamela Tracy said...

Sketchgirl,
You did such a good job that I realized I've read all but two. I'm glad you also picked up on Liz's book.

Debby Giusti said...

Congrats to all the finalists! I'll be cheering for everyone the night of the awards!

Virginia Smith said...

Thanks, SketchGirl!

Both of my nominated books are special to me. MURDER AT EAGLE SUMMIT was the first book I set outside my home state of Kentucky. I love to ski, and we have a home in Utah, so it seemed a natural. SCENT OF MURDER is special because it was, hands down, the hardest revision I've ever had. I had to rewrite over half of the book. But I learned so much in that rewrite! And it's received my highest review ratings yet, so apparently the revision was a decent one.