Wednesday, July 7, 2010

A Belated Holiday Greeting

By Debby Giusti

I hope all of you had a wonderful July 4th and were able to celebrate our country’s birthday with family and friends. The 4th is always a special time to remember those who serve in our military, and I know many of you were thinking of our courageous military heroes and thanking God for their service to our country.

This year my family and I gathered at Hilton Head to have time together before my son leaves for his third deployment to Iraq. He only had a few days off, but we made the most of the holiday weekend and created lots of special memories to hold onto while he’s away.

I’m so proud of our military and their commitment to our nation. Because of their dedication and selfless service, we are the land of the free and the home of the brave. Please remember the military in your prayers, especially those far from home, and don’t forget the family members who carry on while their loved ones are deployed.

God bless you and God bless the U.S.A.

Wishing you abundant blessings,
Debby Giusti
http://www.debbygiusti.com/
http://www.seekerville.blogspot.com/

2 comments:

Pamela Tracy said...

Debby,
Your son sounds like a very special man. During the last few years, the vets who have come through my classroom have all been leaders. I am so proud of them.

Debby Giusti said...

Hi Pam,

Military service instills great values in the men and women who serve. They respect authority, take pride in themselves and their country and have a "Can Do" attitude that comes from hard work and dedication to duty.

Glad you could recognize those outstanding qualities in your former-military students. I know they enjoyed having you as their instructor! :)