Today we're welcoming US Army Criminal Investigation Division Special Agent Nate Patterson, the hero of THE OFFICER’S SECRET, by Debby Giusti, released in May 2011.
Wow, you've just had quite an adventure.
1. Tell us a little about yourself and how you came to be in the midst of such suspense.
I redeployed home from Afghanistan a number of months ago and am currently stationed at Fort Rickman, Georgia, an Army post situated near the small river town of Freemont. The CID handles all felony crimes, and I was called in to investigate the death of a female major on post.
2. So, during the book you met Maggie Bennett, the sister of the deceased. Tell us a bit about her. What was your first impression? When did you know it was love?
3. What strengths/skills do you have? What is your greatest weakness?
I love my country and am committed to my job. I hope I don’t sound like I’m boasting, but I’ve received a number of medals and awards, and my superiors praise my ability to investigate crime and bring the guilty to justice. My greatest weakness is dwelling on what happened in Afghanistan and allowing my own guilt to control my life. Thank goodness Maggie was able to help me see everything in a new light.
4. What scares you?
5. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
Life is great now that Maggie and I are together and we both have God in our lives. If I changed anything, it would be never to have turned my back on the Lord.
6. Where are you in your faith at the start of your story?
After what happened in Afghanistan, I didn’t want anything to do with God.
7. Where are you in your faith at the end of the story?
I needed the Lord’s help in order to save Maggie. God was there when I needed Him. Actually, He had been there all along, I just wasn’t able to accept Him into my life.
8. You've got a scripture at the beginning of the story. Tell us why this scripture is significant.
“If you remain in my word, you will truly be my disciples, and you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.” John 8:31-32
The truth had to be revealed before I could be free from the past and able to live fully in the present.
9. If you could be a dessert what would you be and why?
Peach pie made with Georgia peaches, of course, because I met Maggie in Georgia and my life was changed for the better.