Sunday, May 8, 2011

Threat of Exposure Interview

Today we're welcoming Brock Martin, the hero of Threat of Exposure (book 5 in the Texas Rangers Justice continuity series) by Lynette Eason, released May 2010.

Wow, you've just had quite an adventure.

1. Tell us a little about yourself and how you came to be in the midst of such suspense. After Gisella rescued my hide, I found out we were going to be partners. Her captain, Gregory Pike, had been killed and his killer was still out there. We figured out a clue we needed to track down and ended up in Boot Hill, TX. We were decidedly unwelcome in this little town, but we were determined to find the answers we were looking for in spite of the danger that dogged us constangly.

2. So, during the book you met Gisella Hernandez. Tell us a bit about her. What was your first impression? My first impression of Gisella was that she had perfect timing. She saved my life when an informant sold me out and tried to kill me. I thought she was just beautiful and I was mad a the powers that be who would send a woman into this kind of situation. I mean, I respected her position with the Rangers, but this was a highly sensitive dangerous thing she was involved in. It scared me.

3. What strengths/skills do you have? I’m good at my job. I can be patient when needed, but also act when it’s necessary. What is your greatest weakness? I’m a bit of a rogue. Up to now, I’ve been kind of a one man show. I need to slow down and realize having a partner is a good thing. I need to learn to think about others and how my actions will affect them.

4. What scares you? At first, I was really afraid to put my heart out there. I’d seen first hand that the job and relationships don’t mix well. But Gisella was just irresistible. And now I’m scared to death I’m going to lose her.

5. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be? I wouldn’t be so influenced by my past.

6. Where are you in your faith at the start of your story? Not really in a good place. I believed in God, but had a hard time believing he really cared about me. I’ve been so busy rescuing other people, I didn’t realize that I was one of the ones in need of rescuing.

7. Where are you in your faith at the end of the story? Gisella showed me the way back to Christ. Watching her, listening to her share her faith, all made me realize what I was missing. I wanted what she had.

8. You've got a scripture at the beginning of the story. Tell us why this scripture is significant. Psalm 7:6 – “Arise, O Lord, in your anger; rise up against the rage of my enemies. Awake, my God; decree justice.” This book was about justice. Finding justice for their captain, putting away one more bad guy in the name of justice. It’s also about God’s justice, that in the end, he will rise up and defeat our enemies. Justice.

9. If you could be a dessert what would you be and why? Chocolate. Everyone loves it.

No comments: