Friday, June 8, 2007

Good books and progress

There are always times in a writer's life that make them excited to be a writer. I know that when the words are flowing smoothly and the characters and the story is revealing itself to me as I type, it's fabulous. I call it being in the zone!



Outside of actual writing, there are other times when a writer gets excited about being a writer. Like today. I received the author alteration (AA's) copy of my book, Cradle of Secrets which will be available November 2007 by Love Inspired Suspense. This is the copy that I get to send out to reviewers and is almost exactly like what the final book will be. As I sit here going through page after page I'm not thinking of all the work that went into the story, I'm thinking of the final result and how I can't wait to go to the store and buy my first copy of the book from the bookshelf. (Yes, even though authors get author copies we still buy our books just because...)



Today I got to live vicariously through my friend Cathy McDavid when I went to the store and bought her first Harlequin American called His Only Wife. It doesn't matter that I didn't write the book. As an author and member of several writer's groups I know how much thought and love and work goes into the making of each and every book that gets printed. It's a thrill to share that excitement with a friend.



I've read a lot of good books lately and I always like to share stories that get me excited. Pursuit of Justice by Pamela Tracy is a great read and I stayed up later into the night than I should have to finish reading it. Another great book from a Love Inspired Author I just finished was Nowhere to Hide by Debbie Guisti. If you've just read a great book, drop me an email and let me know. I love hearing about new authors and good stories!



Until then, many blessings!



Lisa

No comments: