Monday, June 11, 2007

Really Should...Really Am... Really Will

My aunt and cousin are coming for lunch today. I really should clean the house (I lost a pillow yesterday - it went into the washing machine and didn't come out. It's probably bullying some socks somewhere. Oh, and Mikey took off his diaper about a month ago, and I still haven't found it - but the cleaning lady's been here twice since, and she hasn't found it either). I'm teaching a class at my church tomorrow. It's called What I Did and Did Not Learn From Eve. I'm writing it myself. I really should start tomorrow's lesson. (I've got some ideas....) I need to make this week's writing goals. I really should do this first since I have a deadline of August 1. Writing down daily page count goals works for me, sometimes.

This morning I woke up with five really shoulds. I'm on really should number two. It's 7:17 and I got up at 6:17. I - just got interrupted with two really shoulds I'd hoped to put off. The first one. I really should see if that noise I hear is the baby crying. That, of course, led to my next really should: I really should wean this kid from the bottle . Okay, back to topic. It's now 7:39, and I woke up at 6:17. I have three of my really shoulds done: I really did post the lesson for the online course I'm teaching. I really did get my son out of bed and started on his day. I really am keeping up with my Monday goal of blogging (notice I'm Monday's Craftie Lady). Here's another truth... I really will write five pages.

I guess I'm writing this post to say if you really want to be a published writer, then you really will write. Even when your really should list is so loaded, you're sure you'll have to schedule in time to take a shower.

By the way, this rant all started because I'm so busy I couldn't remember the name of the book I'm reading. It's Cold Feet by Brenda Novak.

No comments: