Monday, January 21, 2008

Saturday in the Park



Our church is trying something different, for them at least. Here in the greater Phoenix area, we're spread out. The average drive time to church is roughly 21 minutes (I'm 15, so I guess you'd call it close). They've made life groups. I've been to churches that have done this. It's actually a pretty good idea. So, my family is in life group number two. This could be a problem since in group number two there's my two-year-old son, and the next kid is a female teenager. It's not. The group leader has her daughter - who attends a different church - come along, and now my son has playmates when we do outings :) Above, see my Mikey and his friend Hannah. They're drawing in the mud. We went to the Boyce Thompson Arboretum State Park in Superior, Arizona. Our day was spent picnicking (drawing in the mud) and then exploring. We walked and explored and had a blast.



There were waterfalls and a pond. There were paths that narrowed and paths that had drop-offs (with fences). My favorite adventure was a place called the rock house. In the middle of nowhere, this family somehow carved a home in the side of a cliff. There were three jagged rooms. And, in the early 1900's, a family of five lived and farmed there.

Let's see, what else am I doing. I'm on book three of my seven Rita books. I'm almost done with the baby blanket I was making for Krista Stroever but didn't finish in time. I'm finishing up a proposal for a three book series (crossing my fingers). And, I'm thinking about trying to make homemade potato soup.

No comments: