Wednesday, January 2, 2008

We're into the New Year!

It's 2008! A new year filled with new beginnings.

A recent article published in the Atlanta Journal-Constitution claimed fewer and fewer folks set New Year's resolutions, and of those, only about 8% achieve their goals. According to the AJC piece, our New Year's resolutions should be specific, set within a certain time frame, and while challenging, they should also be attainable. Internal motivation is the key to commitment. Writing goals or resolutions down and reviewing them often within the set time limit helps ensure we remain focused and on track.

So what are your goals for 2008?

To write a set number of words each day? To finish a book? To send in a proposal or query or finished manuscript?

My writing goals include, finishing the first book in my Magnolia Medical series by my February deadline, completing the second book in the series a few months later, brainstorming book three and submitting the completed manuscript to my editor by the end of the year. My hubby gave me Donald Maass' WRITING THE BREAKOUT NOVEL WORKBOOK for Christmas, so another goal is to incorporate some of his techniques into my writing.

Personal goals? Exercise and watch what I eat, of course! But also, increase my daily time for prayer. Be open to the Lord's will for my life. Respond to the needs of those around me.

A number of years ago, I made a commitment to pray for my readers each day, and that includes you. Hope you can feel the prayers!

Good luck setting your goals for 2008!

Wishing you abundant blessings in the New Year!
Debby

No comments: