Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Goals for 2008

Every new's year day I start off with a list of goals for the new year. Then the list gets buried beneath the piles of papers and stuff in my office and forgotten. Sometimes never to be seen again.
I wonder why I write the goals down anyway?
I believe in the power of the written word. If I commit something to paper, I believe it is also imprinted in my mind. So even though my list may never be looked at again I have the memory and subconsciously am working toward my goals. I write short term goals, ones easily obtained within a reasonable amount of time. I write medium goals that may take longer and require more of my time and energy. And I also write long term goals that may not see fruition within the year, but that I continue to work toward and they may be continued from year to year.
I'll share a few of my short and medium goals with you. Long term goals are best kept to one's self.

Some short term goals this year are:
take a ballroom dance class with my husband
exercise at least three times a week
organize my office
organize a dinner for the published authors in my local RWA chapter

Some of my medium goals are:
finish the books now in progress
plan a family vacation
lose atleast ten pounds
learn to play the paino

Take a moment and think about your goals for the year 2008.
Write them down somewhere and remember, even if you never look at them again, you will subconsciously be working toward them.
May the Lord bless you this year.

No comments: