Friday, July 11, 2008

Countdown to San Francisco...

In just a few short weeks, I'll be boarding a plane to San Francisco for the Romance Writer's of America's National Conference. I've gone to this conference for the last couple of years and always enjoy meeting old friends, making new ones, meeting with my editors and my agent.

To be honest, I'm not looking forward to the plane ride. I'm not a white knuckle flyer, but I don't relish the idea of having to sit still in a seat for 5 1/2 hours. And that's just one of the connecting flights I'll have to take to get there. I'll be traveling for most of the journey with my longtime friend and fellow writer Natalie Damschroder and I'm sure the excitement of seeing Natalie will make the journey so much nicer.

Any time I go to a conference there is so much preparation I need to do ahead of time. Right now, the Craftie Ladies and I are awaiting a shipment of CRAFTIE LADIES OF SUSPENSE Highlighter/Pens that were so popular last year. I got a package of cover flats for my August book, Her Only Protector, that I'll have to slice up and make into postcards and bookmarks to give away. And aside from having to do some shopping for a few new outfits, I'll need to make sure I stock the refrigerator for the family so they don't miss me while I'm gone.

I'm sure you'll be hearing more about the RWA Conference in San Francisco over the coming weeks, but I do want to give you time to mark your calendar for July 30 5:30-7:00. If you're in the San Francisco area you'll want to stop by the San Francisco Marriott. RWA holds a literacy book signing that is open to the public and there will be over 500 authors signing their books. All the proceeds go to literacy, a great cause. Most of us CRAFTIE Ladies will be there signing as well. So it's your chance to meet us and get some signed books from your favorite authors!

Until next time, many blessings, Lisa Mondello

4 comments:

EllenToo said...

I am a white knuckle flyer and I am also a person with extreme motion sickness so flying is impossible. But I do wish I could be there to meet all the authors who are going to be there. Have fun and enjoy the conference.

Anonymous said...

I am from the San Francisco area! You will love it! The Conference should be a blast!
digicat@sbcglobal.net

Natalie J. Damschroder said...

Don't worry, Lisa, we'll jabber the entire 5 1/2 hours and when we land, you'll be all, "already?!" :)

Lisa Mondello said...

Natalie, I'm afraid you're going to toss my bags into the hall of the hotel because you'll be so sick of me by the time we get there! Nah, just kidding. I can't wait for SF!

Carol Sue, if you see me make sure you say hello!

Ellen, sorry you won't be able to make it. I'll make sure to blog and let everyone know how it's going!