Today we're welcoming Ethan O’Hara, the hero of A SILENT TERROR, by Lynette Eason, March 2009. Wow, you've just had quite an adventure.
1. Tell us a little about yourself and how you came to be in the midst of such suspense.
I’m a detective with the local police force. My partner and I were out when we got a call about a 911 emergency. When we got to the home of Marianna Santino, we found that she had come home from work and discovered her roommate had been murdered.
2. So, during the book you met Marianna Santino. Tell us a bit about her.. What was your first impression? When did you know it was love?
Wow, where do I start? Marianna is such a vibrant, beautiful woman. Absolutely incredible. When I first saw her she was sobbing at the side of her murdered roommate and friend. I also realized she was deaf. But she pulled herself together and was determined to help us find out who killed the girl. That takes strength and that was impressive to me. As for love, I think I knew the moment I looked into her dark brown eyes. But I wouldn’t admit it for the longest time. My partner, Catelyn Clark, knew though. She still hounds me about that fact to this day.
3. What strengths/skills do you have?
I’m confident in my job for the most part. I have the ability to spot trouble and ward it off most of the time.
What is your greatest weakness?
Marianna. I care about her too much and it scares me. All the people I care about seem to either die or disappear out of my life. I suppose I have low expectations of people so I won’t be terribly disappointed when they meet them.
4. What scares you?
Going to sleep at night and having the nightmares press in on me.
5. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
Probably my sense of extreme responsibility. Because of my past, I don’t want to be responsible for anyone again. And when I end up having to protect yet another person I love, it scares me to death.
6. Where are you in your faith at the start of your story?
Questioning God. Frankly, I’m just mad at Him for allowing tragedy to strike for no reason. I don’t like things I can’t explain and tragedy is one of those things that complete confounds me.
7. Where are you in your faith at the end of the story?
I realize God has a plan in everything. He’s sovereign and just and He loves us more than we can ever comprehend.
8. You've got a scripture at the beginning of the story. Tell us why this scripture is significant.
Psalms 17: 8-9. “Keep me as the apple of your eye; hide me in the shadow of your wings, from the wicked who assail me, from my mortal enemies who surround me.” I think this is a fitting scripture as we needed God’s protection throughout the story. Without Him “hiding us in the shadow of his wings” we never would have made it through the whole ordeal. We had some very wicked people who were willing to do whatever it took to get what they wanted, so God’s protection was a vital part of keeping us alive.
9. If you could be a dessert what would you be and why? LOL! Um, probably something chocolate. Because it reminds me of Marianna’s eyes.
Chocolate is always a hit! Thank you Lynette for sharing Ethan with us today. This sounds like an exciting read!