Sunday, February 28, 2010
Interviews from My Deadly Valentine
Today we're welcoming Eli Brody, the hero of Dark Obsession (one of the novellas in the My Deadly Valentine anthology) by Lynette Eason, released February 2010.
1. Tell us a little about yourself and how you came to be in the midst of such suspense. I came home to help take care of my dad who was hurt trying to break an ornery horse. He’d been trying to get me to come back to help him on the ranch, but I was living in New York and working as a detective with the police force. But once I came home, I was shocked to discover how much I actually missed it—and Holly Maddox.
2. So, during the book you met Holly Maddox. Tell us a bit about her. What was your first impression? My first impression of Holly was when we were in elementary school together and she punched the class bully for stealing my lunch money. I thought she was the greatest thing ever. When did you know it was love? Honestly? Not until my partner died from cancer. I watched his wife stay by his side, support him, love him right to the very end. It finally hit me that Holly was that kind of woman and I’d been a very stupid man for leaving her behind.
3. What scares you? Losing Holly forever. I used to be scared of commitment, but finally came to my senses. Only now, with Holly, it might be too late. I’m praying that I can hold on and be patient and show her I’m really a changed man.
4. Where are you in your faith at the start of your story and at the end of the story? ? I’ve just come to realize that God is who He says He is and that I need to trust him fully for all things in my life. On my knees thanking God for sparing Holly from a horrible death—and for instilling forgiveness in her heart.
5. You've got a scripture at the beginning of the story. Tell us why this scripture is significant. Proverbs 3:5-6 – “Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding, in all your ways acknowledge him and he will keep your path straight.” I just think this says it all. Trust is very hard for some people and it sure was for Holly. I’d really messed things up with her and wasn’t sure if she’d ever forgive me, but she did. She followed God’s directive and forgave me. As a result, we found ourselves falling in love all over again and now are very happy together.
Today we're welcoming Rachel Hollister, the heroine of DANGEROUS ADMIRER, part of the novella, MY DEADLY VALENTINE, by Valerie Hansen, Feb. 2010.
1. Tell us a little about yourself and how you came to be in the midst of such suspense.
Hey, it wasn’t my fault. I was just minding my own business and running my little shop when somebody started doing crazy things to me.
2. So, during the book you met Deputy Jace Morgan. Tell us a bit about him. What was your first impression? When did you know it was love?
I had problems accepting him because of his profession, at first. After all, my dad was a cop and he was the bossiest human being on the face of the earth. Still is.
3. What strengths/skills do you have? What is your greatest weakness?
I admit it. I’m a softie. I really love others. Which is why it bothered me to have to admit that someone had a grudge against me. I had no idea that my father’s interference could be making the problem worse.
4. What scares you?
There was a time when I would have said, NOTHING. That all changed when creepy things began to happen to me and I realized that it was the unknown element of the attacks that was the most frightening. If I hadn’t been a Christian and been able to rely on my faith, I don’t know what I’d have done!
5. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
Right now, I’d probably wish that I didn’t have such a vivid imagination. Between the type of ongoing threats and the fact that Serenity is a small town, I figured I must know my stalker. That made me wish I were a better judge of character. If it hadn’t been for Jace…. I don’t even want to think about what might have happened to me.
Thank you Lynette and Val for sharing Eli and Rachel with us today. What an exciting collection!