Friday, January 28, 2011

A Valentine's Mystery revisited...


Hello from Lisa Mondello. As we gear up for the most romantic day of the year, Valentine's Day, I thought I'd keep my post this week short and sweet by reminding you of the short story the CRAFTIE Ladies did last year for Valentine's Day. It was such fun and we hope to have more short stories for you in the future. But I do want to know what YOU the reader want to see. So here's what I'm going to do. Leave a comment and let me know what type of short story you want to read from the CRAFTIE Ladies. The person who's topic we choose will get a $10 Amazon.com gift certificate for the book of their choice. I can't wait to see what you all come up with! Now don't be shy. We really, really want to know!

And if you're new to the CRAFTIE Ladies, missed the Valentine's Day story from last year, or you just want to read it again. Here is the link to it in our archive. Remember, it starts on February 1 and has a new chapter every day all the way to February 14! So keep reading and have fun!!

Start here with Part 1
http://ladiesofsuspense.blogspot.com/2010/02/killer-chocolatea-valentine-mystery.html

CLICK HERE to get the entire archive for Feb 2010 and the entire Killer Chocolate: A Valentine's Mystery story. Start at the bottom of the page and work your way up.

Many blessings, Lisa Mondello

6 comments:

Cara Putman said...

I love being part of these. Looking forward to some great ideas! It's brainstorming...no idea is too crazy!

Pamela Tracy said...

I agree, writing a group project is very engaging. You're writing something and have no clue how it will end.

EllenToo said...

I like the suspense stories you ever so often post and you've had some really good ones.

Debby Giusti said...

Ellen,
So glad you liked the stories. We always have fun writing them!

Scraproni: Adventures of Single Woman said...

I think an interesting story would be if the nemesis is an arsonist who starts burning down the houses of their ex and their family after being jilted at the altar. Or even delivering bad valentine's which are actually bombs to all the people neglected in their care for a spouse that's passed away. Or a singles valentine party is taken hostage by a person whose loveless life has become too much.

Lisa Mondello said...

WOW, those are cool ideas. I'm wondering how we could do those in a short story without making it a huge book. I like the loveless guy takes a Valentine's Day party hostage. That could be fun!