Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Exercise and Writing

Okay, I'll admit I've been a slug this summer, both physically and in my writing.
In part due to travel and having kids under foot 24/7, but also because summer is a time of renewing and recouping. Plus, I don't do well in the heat, totally saps my energy. But the rain started yesterday and my energy level zoomed and fall is just around the corner. For the first time in three months I went to jazzercise ( I love to dance). I felt so good all day and even wrote in the 'zone' ( my term for that time of writing when the whole world fades, I lose track of time and I can produce pages). So this morning I'm off again to exercise and can't wait to get back in the 'zone'. My point in all of this is if you're writing is going slow and you feel sluggish, go exercise. You'll be surprised by the results.

No comments: