Wednesday, August 8, 2007

SCARED TO DEATH is now on sale!

My second book, SCARED TO DEATH, is now available in book stores, grocery chains, WalMart, and wherever you buy your favorite romance novels. Someone asked if the thrill the second time around was as great as with my debut novel. YES!!! When NOWHERE TO HIDE hit the shelves, I was in shock, trying to juggle book signings and marketing events. Everything was new, and it seemed I didn't have a free minute to catch my breath. Or enjoy seeing my book in print.

Now that I'm an established author -- okay, don't laugh! I'll rephrase that last statement. Now that I have two books in print, I realize a well-written book will sell itself. Word of mouth, of course, is the best marketing tool. Hopefully, all the wonderful people who read NOWHERE TO HIDE will also want to read SCARED TO DEATH. At least that's what I'm counting on. Sure, I've scheduled some promotional events, but not as many as with my first release. Plus, I'm busy working on book four.

Just in case you live in the Atlanta area, I'll be signing at Omega Books, 100 N. Peachtree Parkway, Peachtree City, GA on August 16, 6-8 P.M. Bookseller Karen Duncan is the greatest! Stop by if you can. On August 18, I'll be at the Barnes & Noble at the Forum, just off Peachtree Industrial Boulevard from 2-3 P.M.

Seems there's a rhythm to this writing life. Create a new story idea, send it off to the editor as you finish the last book and promote the book that's currently in the stores. Receive the go-ahead from the editor on book whatever, write that book as you promote the next one. It's like a train that keeps chugging along and never stops. And that's good for the writer and the reader!

If you happen to pick up a copy of SCARED TO DEATH, let me know what you think. I'm always interested in hearing from you! Email me at debby@debbygiusti.com or leave a comment on the guest book at my Web site: www.DebbyGiusti.com.

And what am I currently reading? VANISH, by Tess Gerritsen, along with my favorite magazine, SOUTHERN LADY!

Wishing you abundant blessings!
Debby

No comments: