Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Her Only Protector Interview

Today we're welcoming Sonny Montgomery, the heroine of Her Only Protector by Lisa Mondello, August 2008. Wow, you've just had quite an adventure.

1. Tell us a little about yourself and how you came to be in the midst of such suspense.
I'm the youngest of 3 kids and the only girl in my family so you can imagine how by two big brothers try to protect me. But when my brother Cash was kidnapped trying to rescue his infant daughter from a Colombian drug lord and my oldest brother Dylan needed to rescue him, there was no one else who could go to Colombia and rescue my neice. Except me. Being a computer geek by trade, I found out where my niece Ellie was. All I had to do was go in and get her and bring her back to the United States. It's not as easy as it sounds!


2. So, during the book you met Gil Waite. Tell us a bit about him. What was your first impression? When did you know it was love?
When I first met Gil I thought he was a deranged stranger trying to keep me and Ellie from boarding the plane to the U.S. Then I found out he was a bounty hunter looking for my brother, which completely annoyed me. But he has a warm, loving side to him and he's wonderful with Ellie. How could I resist?
3. What strengths/skills do you have? What is your greatest weakness?

I'm as stubborn as they come. It's a Montgomery trait. But stubbornness is sometimes necessary. I'm also a computer hacker by trade, which has helped me and my family get information we needed to help my brother.
4. What scares you?
Losing people I love. My family has been through so much, especially my sisters in law, Serena and Tammie. And my brothers' jobs - Dylan working as a Chicago cop and former marine, and Cash working as a DEA agent - means they're in harms way much more than what makes me comfortable. The most danger I get into in my job is getting a paper cut!

5. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
I'd love to be more adventurous. Yeah, I know, going to Colombia to rescue my niece probably tips the scale quite a bit, but I didn't do it alone.
6. Where are you in your faith at the start of your story?
My faith is my rock and the foundation by which I live by. Without the Lord, I couldn't feel strong.


7. Where are you in your faith at the end of the story?
More resolute that God is a guiding hand in my life. My family's journey and rescue are proof of God's grace.


8. You've got a scripture at the beginning of the story. Tell us why this scripture is significant.

Trust is a big issue. It took a lot for me to trust Gil to help me get out of Colombia. But having faith and trusting in the bigger plan that God has for me is what got me through my ordeal.

9. If you could be a dessert what would you be and why?
Chocolate Mousse. Do I even have to say why???


Thank Lisa for sharing Sonny with us. What an interesting story.
Can't wait to read it.

2 comments:

EllenToo said...

I read "Cradle of Secrets" while my brother was in the hospital having heart bypass surgery and didn't realize it was part of a series. I have "Her Only Protector" in my TBR pile and am looking forward to reading it.

Zoe' T. said...

I bought '"Her Only Protector" yesterday and just finished it early this evening. I just couldn't put it down! The weaving of the tension of suspense with the tenderness of romance under such trying circumstances was WOW! Now I can hardly wait for the last story of Cash & Serena.