Friday, August 8, 2008

Back from RWA in San Francisco!

This year's RWA conference was a complete success for me. Not only did I have a blast hanging out with the other CRAFTIE Ladies of Suspense, I learned a lot and got a boxful of free books that will keep me reading for a while. Of course, since I shipped the box, I'm still waiting for DHL to show up at my door with them.

But that's okay, I'd picked up a copy of Terri Reed's Double Jeopardy before I boarded the plane and just finished it last night. Fabulous book for anyone looking for a great weekend read this weekend. If you haven't checked out the Double Jeopardy Interview by hero Professor Patrick McClain, make sure you do. I must admit that I'm partial to books set in Massachusetts and since this book was set in Boston, as I was reading it felt like walking through my old stomping ground.

You'll also be meeting Sonny Montgomery, the heroine in my new release HER ONLY PROTECTOR which is available this month from Steeple Hill Love Inspired Suspense. Do make sure you check that out as well.

There are so many highlights of my trip to San Francisco. The Harlequin party was fun and I got to see a lot of other authors I don't get to see much during the conference because we're all so busy. Meeting with the Steeple Hill editors is always a treat as well as hanging with so many of the Love Inspired authors. It was really thrilling to see fellow Love Inspired author, Linda Goodnight, receive her Rita award.

I was a little disappointed I wasn't able to get in to see Alcatraz, and I never made it to China Town. But I have an excuse to go back and visit. I did get the chance to do a bus tour of the city and see all the beautiful architectural features on the buildings.

Now that I'm home and unpacked (still doing laundry) I'm back to work on my writing. I just sent off a new proposal to my agent and am hard at work on a new series. I'll give you more details later on that.

Until next time, many blessings! Lisa Mondello

2 comments:

EllenToo said...

I have "Her Only Protector" and "Double Jeopardy" in my TBR pile; now I just need how to figure out how to read two books at once.

Terri Reed said...

Ellen,
I hear you on wanting to read more than one book at a time. I frequently have a book tucked in my car, one in my purse, one at my bedside table and one on my desk. I rotate reading them depending on where I am. If a book really grabs me I'll carry it around with me. But I also like the anticipation of reading different books and trying to keep it all straight in my head.
I'm headed to the beach tomorrow for a signing and then some playing with the family. I brought home several books from the RWA conference, its hard to chose which one to take with me. I may take two.