Sunday, December 20, 2009

CLANDESTINE COVER-UP INTERVIEW

Today we're welcoming Vince Frenci, the hero of Clandestine Cover-Up by Pamela Tracy, a December 2009 release.

Ileen the Interviewer: Tell us a little about yourself and how you came to be in the midst of such suspense.

Vince: First, let me tell you about my family. The Frenci’s have been in Sherman, Nebraska, a century. I’m pretty sure the ground our family tree sprouted from was soaked from moonshine hence a boot-legger ancestor. We have a picture of GreatGrandpa with Jesse James. They’re standing in front of a bank. I met my grandfather once. We drove three hours to the prison he was sentenced in. My father, well, he went to the store to get bread when I was in junior high and never came back. The branches of my family tree all look like leg shackles.

Ileen the Interviewer: Except for you?

Vince: Accept for me. I got in trouble once, just out of high school, and that, plus knowing how much help my mother needed with my little brother, put me on the straight and narrow. Of course, I didn’t realize that I needed a good woman (Tamara Jacoby) to help me stay straight, and I didn’t realize I needed God to help define the narrow.

Ileen the Interviewer:. So, I’m still curious about the suspense, but I’m sure we’ll get there. During the book you met Tamara Jacoby. Tell us a bit about her. What was your first impression? When did you know it was love?

Vince: I met her for the first time at her sister’s wedding. She started out by ordering me around. I’m a contractor, see, and she was helping with decorations at the church. Then, one day (more than a year later) when I was driving home from work, I saw her again. Well, first I saw her car. I knew a little bit about why she’d moved to Nebraska. She’d had some trouble with a stalker back in Arizona. I stopped to see if she was okay. She wasn’t. But, I gotta tell you, she has spunk. Someone had painted YOUR NOT WANTED HERE on the front door of the old building she’d purchased. Any other woman might have turned tail. Tamara, she stood and fought. Not necessarily wise, but very impressive especially after what she’d just been through with the stalker. Ah, you ladies and your love questions. I wish I knew the exact moment. Tamara asks me that same question about every three weeks. I think I knew it was love at Yano’s Restaurant, when I was sitting across the table from Tamara and some friends – one of whom the restaurant owners had tried to fix me up with – and I realized they all knew something I didn’t. Yup, that something was the way Tamara and I acted together.


Ileen the Interviewer: What strengths/skills do you have? What is your greatest weakness?

Vince: I can put almost anything together and fix most things, including gadgets. I’m a big guy. I tend to either scare people or make them feel very safe. Luckily, I made Tamara feel very safe. My greatest weakness is I let my family bring me down. It was only after I found God that I realized sometimes the family is not just blood but can also be community.


Ileen the Interviewer: What scares you?

Vince: Being responsible for other people. My family took up plenty of my time and it all seemed to be damage control. Why would I want more family. Tamara showed me the opposite of damage control – well, once we figured out who was after her. I confess, I still get shaky hands at the thought of my wife. She takes my breath away. On one hand, I cannot believe she wants to be with me. On the other hand, I have to protect her. Did I mention she’s a criminal attorney. Nope, I couldn’t marry a nice safe teacher. Nope, not me.

Ileen the Interviewer:. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?

Vince: I married into a family where there’s a banker, a teacher, a lawyer, etc. I’m sitting here with just a high school degree and suddenly thinking it’s not enough. I’m pretty sure I’ll go back to school and major in business. Maybe someday instead of working for others, I’ll work for myself.


Ileen the Interviewer: Where are you in your faith at the end of the story?

Vince: God invited me through the back door. As we were trying to figure out who was after Tamara, it became clear that one of the Main Street Church ladies had insider information. We had to go to church to meet her. Then, we had to go again, and again. Pretty soon we were going to church when we didn’t have to. Tamara’s more questioning than I. I think that’s the lawyer in her. Me, I can wrap my mind around a carpenter’s son.


Ileen the Interviewer: You've got a scripture at the beginning of the story. Tell us why this scripture is significant.

A good name is more desirable than great riches, to be esteemed is better than silver or gold.

Keep in mind, in Sherman, Nebraska, the last name Frenci was pretty tainted. I mean, we were the town’s Capones.


Ileen the Interviewer: If you could be a dessert what would you be and why?

Vince: Ack! A girl question. Let me go find Tamara. I’ll let her answer this one.

Ileen the Interviewer: Hmm, he sure looks good in his gray construction uniform. I can certainly see what Tamara saw in him. Not only looks, but a teddy bear protector. Guys, I don’t think Vince is coming back to share his favorite dessert. So, everyone, go ahead and grab your own personal favorite and join us next week for another Love Inspired Suspense hero or heroine interview!


Thank you Pam for letting our guest interview Ileen ask Vince some pressing questions. This sounds like a great read!

14 comments:

EllenToo said...

Vince it he kind of guy I like~~one who doesn't let his family influence what he does in life and who he becomes. One who can overcome his upbringing and be the good guy.

Vince said...

Great interview. I always want to support a book when the hero’s name is Vince. I just downloaded it. BTW, this book is at a 40% discount as an eBook at eHarlequin right now. Now's the time to act!

I saw the notice for this interview on Tweeter. :}

Vince

Terri Reed said...

Vince, thanks for letting us know about the tweeter connection. Very cool.

Ellen, Pam does such a great job with her heroes.

Project Journal said...

Okay, I'm gonna admit it...I've never read one of Pamela's books yet(sorry Pamela!!). However, the good news is...Clandestine Cover-Up is my next book I'm reading : ) I consider Pamela a friend and role-model for me now, so I bumped it up when I saw it on my shelf yesterday. I am starting it tonight and can't wait to tell Pamela what I think! Although, I'm pretty sure I could already tell her that I loved it, I'm so positive it's good : )
Hannah

Terri Reed said...

Hannah, I'm sure Pam understands. That to be read pile is always so thick. And I know you'll love it!

Project Journal said...

Lol Terri! Trust me, I have a whole shelf dedicated just to the LI books I buy every month : )

If you see this, Pam, I have a question for you: Did you intentionally name the character Vince, Vince? Because we all know Vince the person : ) So, I was just wondering...

So far, I really like it. It's so different from most LI books! Lol...not in a bad way...just different : )
Ttyl!
Hannah

Pamela Tracy said...

Hi All, just got back from doing the Polar Express with my husband and son. It was great fun, but we stayed at two different hotels (we also went to Lake Havasu and saw London Bridge) and neither had business centers and I don't know how to WiFi yet.

Pamela Tracy said...

Ellen,
I love Vince. I think of all my heroes, he most like the kind of guy I'm comfortable with. I'm married to a plumber. You better believe I was asking hubby all kinds of questions.

Pamela Tracy said...

Vince,
Long time no see! Good to have you stop by. Thanks for letting us know about finding it on Tweeter. And, Vince is a great name.

Pamela Tracy said...

Hannah,
I'm telling Santa not to visit you unless you pick four books for being the contest winner way back when.
Role model? Picture me smiling. You're going to love college, and we are all so proud of you.

Pamela Tracy said...

Terri,
It's so much fun to write heroes, heh? Have a great day.

Project Journal said...

Lol Pam! Picture me smiling now! : )

You didn't answer my question though! Did you intentially name your character Vince? I'm just curious...
Hannah

Pamela Tracy said...

LOL. Vince has actually been a favorite name of mine since junior high. There were two brothers in my neighborhood who were oh so cool. Vince was the younger; Darrin was the older. Darrin will get a book someday. Alas, I've not seen them since we were all about fifteen. And, no, I'm not telling you my age, but yup, I could be your mother.
Sorry, Vince. I'm sure you could be a great inspiration for a hero.

Project Journal said...

Okay, well I was wondering the whole way through the book! : ) Inspiration for names always has been a wonder to me. I mean, it's hard enough for me to even think of like one name if I need it for anything ; )

My mom has known since she was a very little girl that she wanted a daughter named Hannah Elizabeth. I was the first-born and a girl, so guess what!? I'm Hannah Elizabeth : )

Actually, in Mae Nunn's next book, there's a character named after me! Woohoo! I think it's SO cool and I've thanked Mae so much! Unfortunately, I'm NOTHING like her character : )

If I don't talk to you again before tomorrow, MERRY XMAS to you and your family(I can just imagine what Mikey's reaction'll be!)!!
Hannah