Today we're welcoming April Presley, the heroine of Field of Danger by Ramona Richards, coming out in December. Wow, you've just had quite an adventure.
And I’ll be perfectly content if I NEVER have to deal with anything like that again! I really hope the rest of my life is that of a normal, small-town girl.
1. Tell us a little about yourself and how you came to be in the midst of such suspense.
Well, I moved to Caralinda, Tennessee, to start life over again. Here I was in my small cottage and garden, surrounded by a huge cornfield. The cornfield was owned by Levon Rivers, who was a good friend. He was like a father to me. All this got started when I saw Levon get shot in the middle of the field one morning.
2. So, during the book you met Daniel Rivers. Tell us a bit about him. What was your first impression? When did you know it was love?
I’d known Daniel since I moved to Caralinda. He’s Levon’s son. And I knew he had been interested in me at one time, but I just wasn’t ready for another relationship. Daniel is incredibly patient (he’d say he was deliberate!) and kind with me. He waited, then this locked us together.
He’s an amazing man. And handsome! But I didn’t realize it was love until I knew I just didn’t want to be without him. I didn’t want to lose him. Ever.
3. What strengths/skills do you have? What is your greatest weakness?
I don’t make decisions quickly. I like to consider all the options, then move forward with determination. I don’t like to “repent at leisure.” I think that’s a strength or weakness depending on who you talk to.
4. What scares you?
People getting shot! I promise you, I’ve seen enough of that for a lifetime. See two people I care about get shot certainly reminded me what’s special and valuable in this life.
5. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
I wish I had a stronger nature. You know, one of those bold women who go off having adventures and holding their own with the boys. I just prefer the homefront. I have my own business that I operate out of the house, and I love balancing that with my garden and my friends and family. I’ll have to leave the adventuring to Lara Croft!
6. Where are you in your faith at the start of your story?
Shaky. To be honest, when you go through what I did, it’s easy to start doubting things.
7. Where are you in your faith at the end of the story?
Daniel helped me see that our trials are just part of life, and that God’s here to get us through them. These days I do a lot more relying on Him.
8. You've got a scripture at the beginning of the story. Tell us why this scripture is significant.
Those are Paul’s words to Timothy. They remind me that God gives us what we need to survive and do the best we can in our faith and our lives.
9. If you could be a dessert what would you be and why?
Strawberry shortcake. Sweet and tart in many layers.
Thank you Ramona for sharing April with us today. What an exciting story!