Today we're welcoming Jackie Swann, the heroine of Endless Night, a Love Inspired Suspense January release by Dana Mentink. Wow, you've just had quite an adventure.
1. Tell us a little about yourself and how you came to be in the midst of such suspense.
The Delucchi Lodge, in the remote Alaskan wilderness, was a place where I enjoyed the best moments of my life, until the day my brother died there. Now, with no place to run and people trying to kill me, I find myself back here in this incredible place. The irony is insane.
2. So, during the book you met Roman Carter. Tell us a bit about him. What was your first impression? When did you know it was love?
I grew up with Roman. I loved him from the time I was barely a teenager. That all changed when my brother died because of him. In that moment, both our lives changed forever.
3. What strengths/skills do you have? What is your greatest weakness?
I’m a faithful, loyal person but I can be stubborn and judgmental.
4. What scares you?
I am scared that I will live my whole life with this anger burning inside, the terrible rage at losing my brother that only gets worse as time goes by.
5. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
I would be able to let go and let God change me from the inside out.
6. Where are you in your faith at the start of your story?
I’m angry at God, closed to his voice and eager to show that He is not a part of my life.
7. Where are you in your faith at the end of the story?
On my knees, where I should have been all along.
8. You've got a scripture at the beginning of the story. Tell us why this scripture is significant.
Though your sins are as scarlet,
They will be as white as snow:
Though they are red like crimson,
They will be like wool. Isaiah 1:18
Forgiveness is sometimes harder to accept than to offer but He gives us the chance to be perfect again, white as snow and all we need to do is take His precious gift, especially me and Roman.
9. If you could be a dessert what would you be and why?
I’d be a Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup, kinda serrated and hard on the outside, but inside very soft and vulnerable.
Wow, exciting! Thank you Dana for sharing Jackie with us, this sounds like a great read to start the new year with. Hope everyone has a safe and Happy New Year!