Thursday, January 21, 2010

Writing: a life of trust...

The word of 2010 for me is trust.

Trusting God more in all areas of my life. And that includes writing.

Writing is a weird life...not very stable. We write from contract to contract. And sometimes the contracts overlap, like mine are right now, making life a wee bit crazy.

Other times, we're out of contract and wondering if and when the next one will come.

A perfect place to exercise trust.

Do I really believe God has a plan and will for my life that includes my writing? I say I do, but the rubber meets the road when I'm waiting for that next contract. What a great opportunity to develop more trust and faith!

So this week I'm working on two books: editing Stars in the Night for Summerside Press's new historical suspense line and writing a mystery for Guidepost's new mystery series. Both very fun projects that I've enjoyed. And the chaos continues until March 1. Then I'll have time to finish a proposal, dream up new stories, and see what God has for me next.

Praying that you will find it ever easier to trust God in your life.

5 comments:

Vince said...

Hi Cara:

I think you have about the best author photo I’ve seen. That camera angle or POV is very flattering to a model but I don’t see it that often. Is that a professional photo? Is it B&W on purpose or is that a result of a publisher’s needs? (I was a photographer for a number of years.)

BTW, in what time period does “Stars in the Night” take place. I love the idea of a historical suspense. Is there a link to this book yet?

Vince

Jillian Kent said...

Hey Cara,
I don't think I've been on this blog before, what fun! I agree that writing is a weird life and I'm not published yet. But I do trust that God has a plan for my life and that's why the word for me in 2010 is BELIEVE. And that doesn't only mean believe that I'll get published, but believe that God keeps his promises. I have to admit that if I never got published I'd still write, but I hope to see a book of mine in print someday.

I'm very excited for you, Cara, and the books you're currently on deadline with sound great to me. Historical suspense is my personal favorite to read and to write.

Just trust! :)

Debby Giusti said...

Hi Vince and Jill!

Cara, thanks for such a nice blog. Yes, trust is hard, especially during the "down" times. I keep asking what He wants for my life. When I ask, He answers. Sometimes the day is filled with other work that needs to be done. Right now, I'm visiting a woman who is near death. Got an extra prayer? Jean could use it. The writing has to be sandwiched between the ministry. I love both, but I always have to ask what His desire is for my life.

Jill, BELIEVE is my word, too! :)

Cara Putman said...

Vince, a friend from church who is a photographer took the photo. I actually turned it to black and white for fun.

Stars in the Night is set during World War Two, a time period I love.

Lisa Mondello said...

I love WWII era. I can't wait to read this book!