Sunday, March 7, 2010

DEAD AIR INTERVIEW


Today we're welcoming Gabby Rogillio, the heroine of Dead Air by Robin Caroll, March 2010.

Wow, you've just had quite an adventure.


1. Tell us a little about yourself and how you came to be in the midst of such suspense. Well, let me tell you, I never had any intention of being in such an adventure. I was on the road to my goals—having my radio show syndicated and buying my dream home. Murder of my dear friend and coworker, then the ensuing investigation which lead police to believing the station’s owner was the murderer…I had to do something.

2. So, during the book you met Clark McKay. Tell us a bit about him. What was your first impression? When did you know it was love? My first impression was that I couldn’t trust him. There was something about him…big-city smoothness. But, over time, I learned to trust him. Especially when he believed in my friend’s innocence and helped me on the case.

3. What strengths/skills do you have? What is your greatest weakness? I think my greatest strength is my faith. My greatest weakness? Has to be fear. I know fear doesn’t come from God, but it’s so hard to live that knowledge in everyday life.

4. What scares you? Being hurt again.
5. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be? I guess that for so long, I let the pains of the past interfere with my present.
6. Where are you in your faith at the start of your story? I believe I’m a spiritually strong person. But, as all Christians are, am a work in progress in my faith journey.

7. Where are you in your faith at the end of the story? Again, I think I’m always learning and growing in Christ.

8. You've got a scripture at the beginning of the story. Tell us why this scripture is significant. Phil 3:13—letting go of the past and moving forward to the future. Christ didn’t call us to live with regrets of past mistakes, but to walk boldly in His glory in the present and into the future.

9. If you could be a dessert what would you be and why? An apple fritter, of course, cuz we southern belles are warm all on the inside, but can stand up better than cakes or pies.

Thank you, Robin for sharing Gabby with us. This sure sounds like an exciting read!

No comments: