Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Remember the French Connection and Bullet?--Lenora Worth


Hello. Do you love movies with car chases in them? My reason for asking, I thought about that movie "Bullet" with Steve McQueen when I was stuck in traffic the other day. I had been shopping--maybe that's why things went downhill when I got back in the car. I really shouldn't have gone shopping. I should have been working. But ... I found some great bargains (yes, shoes, pajamas, tee-shirts and beach cover-ups--since apparently I will never be caught alive in a bikini again!)

I leave the store and start for home but there is a major traffic jam on the main road to my house. I cut through and decide I'll hit the Interstate and get home quick. Several hundred other drivers had decided to do the same thing. I cross over the road leading to the Interstate, thinking I'll take the back-road and get on at another entrance ram. Only this back road is down to one land because of construction. So I cut back through to the original road toward the Interstate and get stuck in traffic yet again. I finally veer to the left on yet another road and finally, finally get moving again. Just one little construction sight on that one where I had to swerve into another lane. A trip that normally takes me fifteen minutes took me almost 45 minutes. I tell you, I was swerving, shifting, turning and merging with all the finesse of Steve McQueen or Tom Cruise. When I finally got home, I was so exhausted I didn't even pull out my treasures to try on and enjoy! My husband was home by then and of course, I had some explaining to do. So I told him all about my harrowing experiences trying to get across town and by then I had him so confused and weary he forgot all about the packages I brought in. (I also learned how to hide things by watching spy movies!) Driving in traffic is frantic and scary. We have to always be ready to take a different way home. But then, that's part of the adventure I suppose. (The picture is of me in front of an Aston Martin at a James Bond inspired-fundraiser!)I sure needed that car the other day. What is your worst traffic nightmare?

5 comments:

EllenToo said...

I've never been a fan of movies with car chases or maybe I should say I'm not a fan of car chases in movies. The movie may be good but I could do without car chases.
And I hate driving through large cities especially if I am not familiar with the city because inevitably I'm in the wrong lane. Although now that I broke down and bought a GPS I'm not quite so afraid of getting lost but the way people drive scares me at times.
Glad you got home safely.

Lenora said...

Ellen, GPS systems are a God-send for women. When I worked for a local magazine, I had to do a lot of night-time social assignments and having a GPS and my cell phone saved me from getting lost alone at night.
Thanks for your comments.

Debby Giusti said...

Lenora,
You look gorgeous!!! Love the pic!

Ellen, is that a new photo? You look gorgeous too!!!

Driving in Atlanta traffic is always an adventure. An hour and fifteen minute trip to my daughter's house once took me 4 1/2hours. UGH!!!

Another time, I was stranded in gridlock for three hours without moving.

Anonymous said...

cheap toms shoes uncnwrvy cheap toms gkkysued toms on sale hblqlpjj toms outlet phlfteba toms sale ieawtpor toms shoes on sale jbutkqie toms shoes sale eevlhyzd toms shoes tefskbib

Anonymous said...

louboutin jywkhkvq christian louboutin sorhhpxr louboutin pas cher pqytbdst escarpins louboutin njvbppnb louboutins vbsfoysl