Sunday, March 28, 2010

Running For Cover Interview

Today we're welcoming Morgan Alexandria, the heroine of Running for Cover, Shirlee McCoy, March 2010. Wow, you've just had quite an adventure.


1. Tell us a little about yourself and how you came to be in the midst of such suspense.

I’ve made a lot of mistakes in my life. One of the biggest was marrying my ex. Cody never cared about anyone but himself, and if I’d been a different kind of person when I met him, I might have realized that. When he went to jail for murdering his business partner, I thought he was finally done causing trouble in my life. I was wrong. When two men broke into my art gallery and nearly killed me, I realized that Cody had gotten himself into the kind of trouble he wouldn’t survived, and somehow he’d pulled me into it with him.

2. So, during the book you met Jackson Sharo. Tell us a bit about him/her. What was your first impression? When did you know it was love?

Jackson is a true hero. He threw himself into danger to save me…a woman he didn’t even know. What kind of guy does that? His faith and integrity make him the kind of man anyone can rely on. For me, though, it was difficult to acknowledge my feelings for him. I’d been hurt way too many times, and I didn’t want to be hurt again. Jackson’s support never wavered despite my doubts, and I soon realized that I would rather risk a broken heart than regret not letting him into my life.

3. What strengths/skills do you have? What is your greatest weakness?
I’m independent and strong. I know how to achieve my goals and dreams, and I don’t rely on others to help me through the tough times. Those things are both my greatest strengths and my greatest weaknesses.

4. What scares you? The thought of losing those I love most.
5. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be? I would be more open to other people. More willing to give of myself emotionally.
6. Where are you in your faith at the start of your story? My faith was strong but shaken by my past.

7. Where are you in your faith at the end of the story? I realize that God has always been with me and that, despite my failures, He has never turned away.

8. You've got a scripture at the beginning of the story. Tell us why this scripture is significant.
Hosea 11:4 I led them with cords of human kindness, with ties of love; I lifted the yoke from their neck and bent down to feed them.
I love this verse! I have often felt burdened by regret, and Hosea 11:4 reminds me of God’s love and grace. When I read it, I can truly imagine Him reaching down and lifting my burden. I can picture Him offering the truth of His mercy and grace as my sustenance.

9. If you could be a dessert what would you be and why? Carrot cake. Carrots and sugar and spice. Lots of strong flavors that don’t seem like they can work together, but they do. Just like me and Jackson!


Thank you Shirlee for sharing Morgan with us today. This sounds like a great read!

No comments: