Sunday, October 14, 2007

Hi, everyone!

Hello!

I was supposed to post on Saturday, but had a bit of trouble figuring out how to do it. That got me thinking about how much has changed since I wrote my first book. That one came out in 1999, and the years since then have brought such amazing changes in technology for writers.

With my first few books, I amassed stacks of research books to make sure the details were exactly right. Now, at the touch of a key, the entire world unfolds on my computer screen through the wonders of Google. Changes in the publishing industry? Word travels at the speed of light. Computers have more bells and whistles, the printers are faster, the storage media we have is smaller and so much more portable. I now dictate text to Dragon, and it speedily types out paragraph after paragraph...yet still, the long hours spent planning and writing and fine-tuning a manuscript are just the same.

My topic will be "the craft of writing", and I look forward to the coming weeks so I can talk about something that I enjoy so much. I would love to hear from you, regarding what you'd like to discuss, here. Are aspiring or published authors reading this blog? Readers, who are curious about some aspect of the writing business? Let me know!

Just to introduce myself, I've written nineteen novels thus far. I switched gears this past year, and I'm so excited about that! My first three romantic suspense novels for Love Inspired Suspense will be coming out starting in December (2007), then February and March of 2008. It's an honor to have this opportunity to join the wonderful writers here at Craftie Ladies of Suspense...and it will be an honor to meet those of you who are following this blog.

Soooo...what would you like to talk about?!

Blessings,
Roxanne Rustand

No comments: