Friday, October 12, 2007

What's in a name CONTEST...

I love putting animals in my books and creating a personality to go with them. Usually these animals mimick some personality trait from an animal I currently have or once had.

The reason I'm on this topic is that a friend of mine called me this morning to ask me to help her brainstorm the name of a dog she was going to use in her WIP (Work-in-Progress). I usually like coming up with names because they can add interest to the characters. And since animals have their own character and don't have to have conventional names like Sara or Ruth or John, you can have a little fun.

In past books, I've used names like Otis the Wonder Dog (seeing eye dog featured in The More I See) and Dexter the cat (lazy friend and confident to the heroine in Gypsy Hearts) and Sweet Sassy's Smile and Smokin' Diesel E(Cutting horses in The More I See). It's fun and I've come to love those characters as much as the hero and heroine.

I'd like to have a little fun with this while helping out a friend. Come up with a bunch of interesting names for a playful little golden retriever and post them here in the comments area. If my friend picks your name, I'll send you an autographed copy of Cradle of Secrets, my 11/07 release from Steeple Hill Love Inspired Suspense. It's available right now at eHarlequin.com if you can't wait until it hits the store shelves.

And remember, the contest to win my entire 4 book Texas Hearts series from Avalon is still being held until November 1st. Simply email me with the word CONTEST in the subject line and I'll enter you into the drawing.

Until next time, many blessings, Lisa

No comments: