Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Final Deposit Interview

Today we're welcoming Lindsey Taylor, the heroine of FINAL DEPOSIT, Lisa Harris, September 2008 Wow, you've just had quite an adventure.

1. Tell us a little about yourself and how you came to be in the midst of such suspense.

I’m a case worker for an adoption agency so normally life is pretty routine for me. In fact, the only thing I had planned this summer was to be a bridesmaid in my best friend Sara’s wedding. Until my father fell that same night and was taken to the emergency room. That was also the night I found a pile of letters from a collection agency on his desk. I knew right away that something was wrong, but it turned out to be more than a case of identity theft like I thought at first. My father had fallen for an internet scam and with it lost his entire life savings.
What I didn’t know, was that this discovery was only the beginning.



2. So, during the book you met Kyle Walker. Tell us a bit
about him. What was your first impression? When did you know it was love?

I actually knew Kyle from college. We were friends back then, though,
and nothing more. Reconnecting with him at my best friend Sara’s
wedding was a surprise, but not nearly as surprising as the fact that I would end up needing him to save my father’s life.

As for when I knew it was love, there were a number of moments when I realized that my feelings for Kyle had moved beyond friendship. He was the knight in shining armor who came to my rescue, and what girl wouldn’
t fall for that? But so much happened so fast as we raced to find my father’s scammers that love was something forced to sit on the back burner until the bad guys were caught. I guess that’s when I knew for sure. We were standing on London’s famous Tower Bridge as the sun began to set behind the River Thames. Talk about romantic! I knew then that Kyle was in my life to stay.



3. What strengths/skills do you have? What is your greatest weakness?
My greatest strength is probably the ability to relate with and help others. My greatest weakness? Giving it all over to God. It’s too easy for me to hold on to other peoples problems and try to fix things myself. Learning to let God be the one in control is hard, but something I’ve learned that I have to do.



4. What scares you? The unknown, I suppose, which is exactly what I
had to deal with these past few weeks with my father.

5. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be? It kind of goes back to my greatest weakness. I want to be able to find a balance in letting God take over while staying involved in peoples lives and helping them.

6. Where are you in your faith at the start of your story? It’s easy to think your faith is strong until something rocks it and really shows you what you are made of. Forgiveness was never an issue in my life, until I found that I had to forgive someone for their bad choices and their
affect on me.



7. Where are you in your faith at the end of the story?

Forgiveness isn’t always easy to grant. I had to make a choice whither or not to forgive those who had hurt me. In the end, I learned that granting forgiveness kept me from turning bitter and ruining my own life. And of course the ultimate example of forgiveness comes from God himself. He was willing to send His own Son to die for our sins. That’s amazing forgiveness. Unmerited and unearned. What an expression of love.



8. You've got a scripture at the beginning of the story. Tell us why this scripture is significant. (Mine doesn’t have one but I have one on my question page)

1. Paul reminds us in II Corinthians 4:16-18 about the importance
of never giving up. We all face difficulties in this life, but we need to realize that they won’t last forever. Instead, they help to mold us, shape us, even strengthen us to produce for us a glory that will outweigh everything we’ve gone through.



9. If you could be a dessert what would you be and why? Right now? I’d say a slice of wedding cake from my upcoming wedding to Kyle. Aren’t happy endings wonderful!

You're welcome for the invitation, Lisa. This book sounds exciting. Can't wait to read it!

3 comments:

EllenToo said...

What a timely story. Everyone needs to be aware of computer scams these days as they seem to be getting more prevalent. Looking forward to reading your book.

Lisa Harris said...

Thanks for stopping by Ellen. You're right that this is an issue that people need to be aware of.

Blessings,

Lisa

apple blossom said...

Oh, I love mysteries this one sounds like a really good book. I may have to check into it.