Friday, September 19, 2008

NEIBA Signing!

I'm quite excited that tomorrow I will be signing my book Her Only Protector at the New England Independent Bookseller Conference in Boston. I'll be giving away CRAFTIE LADIES OF SUSPENSE highlighter/pens to all the booksellers I meet. So if you're a New England bookseller and you're going to NEIBA make sure you stop by the Harlequin booth for a signed copy of Her Only Protector and a Craftie Ladies highlighter/pen.

The mornings have been chilly these last few days and I've been sitting with a cappuccino and some books to keep me company until I get into my writing day. Right now I'm reading an older Love Inspired Suspense book that I plucked from my TBR pile. I'd been wanting to read a Marta Perry book and forgotten that I had a copy of Hide in Plain Sight. I've heard such great things about Marta Perry's books that I was excited when I found it!


I also found a great reference book that I haven't used in a while. Facts in a Flash by Ellen Metter is a great book that helps you research just about any subject more quickly. The book is laid out by subject and gives you book titles you can research as well as useful URLs. I've dusted off Facts in a Flash and it has a new found home by my computer instead of on my exploding bookshelf.

Here's what's cooking in the Crock Pot this week.

Crock Chicken (My daughter's name for it!)

5 pound whole chicken
1 tsp garlic powder
salt and pepper
1/2 tsp onion powder
1 bulb of garlic
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tsp poultry seasoning
1/2 cup of water

Put whole chicken in the crock pot and place garlic bulb inside the cavity. Pour 1/2 of water in the crock pot dish. Mix garlic powder, onion powder and olive oil together so it is smooth. Gently lift the skin up on the chicken breast with a spoon and spoon 1 tsp of the olive oil mixture onto each side of chicken breast. Spread the remaining olive oil on the outside skin. Sprinkle poultry seasoning over chicken. Cook on low for 8-9 hours. Chicken will fall apart as you take it out of the baking dish and be juicy! If you want gravy, leave the juice in the baking dish and mix 1/2 cup of water and 2 tbsp of flour together until flour is dissolved. Add to crock pot juices, cover and cook on high until mixture comes to a boil. Gravy should thicken when it starts to boil. Serve over chicken with mash potatoes or rice, and a salad. (I've even taken whole baby red potatoes and placed them in the crock pot before I put the chicken in and let them cook all day in the chicken juice. Scrumptious!)

Until next time, many blessings, Lisa Mondello

No comments: