Friday, April 2, 2010

The Water Rising in New England

Hello and Happy Easter from Lisa Mondello! I've just returned from a conference put on by the New England Chapter of RWA completely jazzed to write and get my next manuscript done. I always love attending my local conference so I can visit with some old friends and learn something new.

I left for the conference in the sunshine and came home to rain. In fact, all of New England seemed to have a huge cloud overhead and it did nothing but rain for days. Since I live in the hills, I didn't worry too much about flooding around my house. But I spent a lot of time praying for friends who I knew were low lying areas and were sure to feel the effects of the rushing water swelling over the rivers. Click here for some pictures.

http://radiobase1.clearchannel.com/front/a.asp?arg=8F7D995F927879676370757F7268788B8176737280807172

I grew up in Southeastern Massachusetts and my hometown was hit with a lot of flooding. My mom said the town looks like an island and friends who still have homes around Long Pond were worried their houses would soon be under water. I also have many friends in Rhode Island in the Warwick area and worried until they checked in. Please pray for those people who have been hit by this recent flood. It's going to take a long time for Rhode Island and the surrounding areas to clean up the mess and many people have lost everything.

Have a happy and blessed Easter!

Lisa Mondello

1 comment:

Lynette Eason said...

HI Lisa, Happy Easter to you too! I just love conferences and am getting ready to go to the Blue Ridge Christian Writers Conference in May. I think. So far, it's a go. LOL. Hope we'll get to meet each other face to face one day at a conference. God Bless!