Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Amazing What God can do.


A couple of weeks ago when we went to church with my daughter and her husband our pastor talked about what happens after we die. I was fascinated with the message and thought our pastor gave me some new insight. When we went to dinner after church (we do a Saturday night service) I commented on the wonderful things pastor said. My daughter informed me that I told her all that when she was a child. Huh?

She told me about the time she was frightened of the concept of forever and couldn't go to sleep. I remember the incident. She told me I said the same thing that night to her as pastor had said. I remember comforting her, but not what I said. I can only marvel at the wisdom God gave me to comfort her. And it was God, not me.

It's it wonderful that God can use us to comfort others when we don't have a clue? Has that ever happened to you?
Leann Harris

3 comments:

Susan Sleeman said...

What an amazing story, LeAnn. Reminds us how important parenting is. Thanks for sharing.

Leann Harris said...

Susan, I was surprised as anyone. God is amazing.

Pamela Tracy said...

Okay,
What did he say?