Sunday, October 3, 2010

Betrayal in the Badlands Interview


Today we're welcoming Isabel Ling, the heroine of Betrayal in the Badlands, by Dana Mentink, available in October.
Wow, you've just had quite an adventure.


1. Tell us a little about yourself and how you came to be in the midst of such suspense. I had a rocky childhood and rather than face my past I ran, leaving my sister behind. I’d just started to try to repair my relationship with her when she died under mysterious circumstances. I returned to her horse ranch in South Dakota to settle her affairs only I got much more than I bargained on.

2. So, during the book you met Logan Price. Tell us a bit about him. What was your first impression? When did you know it was love? Logan is a pararescueman who was injured during his last deployment. When we first met, I dismissed him as alternately aloof and bossy. Over time I learned that he’s had just as many obstacles to overcome in his life as I have. I fell for Logan when I realized he really did want the best for me, in my faith, in my life and in my future.

3. What strengths/skills do you have? What is your greatest weakness? I’m a quiet person by nature but I am determined to catch my sister’s killer. I know that God is bigger than anything obstacle I can face in this world and I know He’ll sustain me.

4. What scares you? Loving someone and losing them.

5. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be? I would have been more courageous and stayed by my sister’s side.

6. Where are you in your faith at the start of your story? I’m still stuck in the past with the consequences of my bad choices. I’ve asked God for forgiveness but I’m not fully trusting that He’s forgiven me.

7. Where are you in your faith at the end of the story? Feeling the incomparable joy that comes from loving and trusting the Lord.

8. You've got a scripture at the beginning of the story. Tell us why this scripture is significant.
Psalms 56:8 says, Thou hast taken account of my wanderings; Put my tears in Thy bottle; Are they not in Thy book?

God knows where I’ve wandered and has counted ever bitter tear I’ve shed.
He doesn’t keep us from the pain, but he stays with us through every moment along the way.


9. If you could be a dessert what would you be and why?
I’d be a dark chocolate square, sweet with an edge of bitterness that only makes the flavor more intense.

Thank you Dana for sharing Isabel with us. What an exciting story!!

No comments: