Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Autumn in the Pacific Northwest

Terri Reed here. Today isn't my normal day to post but I saw that no one had so I thought I'd jump in. Today is the epitome of a beautiful fall day in the Pacific Northwest.
Cool, crisp air, sunshine streaming through the canopy of trees indigenous to the Pacific Northwest and apples, pumpkins and hot drinks(I'm a morning coffee then tea rest of the day drinker), all make for a wonderful October day.

But the best part are the colors of autumn. Everywhere you look there is an explosion of color. Reds, yellows, oranges, golds, shades of green. A visual feast.

6 comments:

EllenToo said...

Love those pictures....our trees just drop their leaves with no fanfare.

Merry said...

Oh, this makes me miss my beautiful native Portland! Thanks for sharing.

Terri Reed said...

Ellen, I have a huge oak tree in my front yard that drops leaves from September through December. My poor husband gets his work out every day trying to keep up. But the tree is sure beautiful.

Terri Reed said...

Merry,
Portland is a beautiful city all year round. Every time I go somewhere else, when I come back I'm struck with how much I love Portland.

Susan Sleeman said...

Beautiful pictures, Terri. I lived in Portland for many years and still miss it. At least I get to visit a few times each year to see my children and grandson.

Leann Harris said...

I am sooo jealous. I grew up in Colorado, but now live in Texas. We have a lot of wonderful things, but Autumn isn't one of them. Enjoy for me.